Yoyo-ing around last 10 looking for friends

Options
I started this journey Keto-ing and I was somewhat successful but became fustrated since I'm a lifelong lacto-ovo vegetarian. Then I switched to a 1200 cal. plan. I plank daily and do 40+ mins on the treadmill 5 times a week. I weigh and measure food and yet as soon as I hit that 10 lbs to go mark, I have yoyo-ed with 3 lbs. for about a month. The last few days I have added a 12 hour daily fast which is actually making my 1200 calories go so much further. I have learned to savor that practically black coffee all morning. I am hoping to hear others close yet so far away stories. Perhaps by rallying we can help each reach that finish line.

Replies

• sammy_c_read
    sammy_c_read Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Stop starving yourself and eat calories. Your body is holding onto everything cause you aren't feeding it.
  • Veggonevegan
    Veggonevegan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Synacious, thank you for the advice. I do struggle measuring and estimating when it comes to eating out. My husband wants to eat out or takeout everyday of the weekend. I find myself having very small portions most of the time. And I suspect that im really struggling with sodium because of it because really I see my sodium struggle during the week. I end up selecting a lot of substitute items. You have reminded me of something I had forgotten- only use measuring cups for liquids. I have been lazy and use them when convienent. I vow to use the scale more and write down any crumb I consume. Laziness is most likely the reason I am hovering. Thank You
  • curlyblue21
    curlyblue21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You sound so much like me!!! I have finally uped my cals from 1200 to 1500...and I have lost three pounds in one week! Before this I have spent two months going up and down by 2/3pounds and it was driving me mad I was being so careful...think my body had just had enough of low cals so hopefully the weight loss will continue
  • Veggonevegan
    Veggonevegan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You sound so much like me!!! I have finally uped my cals from 1200 to 1500...and I have lost three pounds in one week! Before this I have spent two months going up and down by 2/3pounds and it was driving me mad I was being so careful...think my body had just had enough of low cals so hopefully the weight loss will continue

Your post is too ironic to me. I had originally planned to go up from 1200 to 1500 (basically I'd lost enough I CAN do the rest slower-mentality) but once I hit 135 I only stayed there one day so I just never did it and I've spent weeks hovering above it. Hmm maybe I'll do the 1500 it sounds like it's working ok for you. Thanks.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    That last bit is the hardest bit, i yoyo too.