Slightly discouraged

Options
MaxT370
MaxT370 Posts: 274 Member
Since starting my journey this year I have lost 36 pounds. In the past 3 weeks I have lost.....or gained back 1 pound. I was consistently losing anywhere from 0.5 to 1.8 pounds a week.

I'm sure I've gained muscle, I can do specific exercises I couldn't before and am using a heavier resistance band and weight.

I just feel very....static.

Replies

• jmm1977
    jmm1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up! You have done great and just keep focusing on that! :)
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Well, if you are gaining muscle then thats exactly what you wanted, good going!
  • anacasta81
    anacasta81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keep going!! One of the greatest moments is life is realizing that your body couldn't do what it can do now.
  • MaxT370
    Options
    Thank you all! I haven't experienced a plateau and I just want to get things moving again.
  • campbell3913
    campbell3913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's really hard isn't? You feel like you're doing everything right but that number just doesn't seem to move. I think everyone hits this point along line. Keep up the good work!
  • MaxT370
    Options
    It's really hard isn't? You feel like you're doing everything right but that number just doesn't seem to move. I think everyone hits this point along line. Keep up the good work!

It is hard! I must have been doing something right to get here, I'm fighting wanting to change up everything I'm doing.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    As you build muscle, your body will retain more water. I tell people not to focus on the scale. As it does not know how much fat you lost, water you are retaining, etc. I have some weeks I see no change in the scale, and I know my body is doing what it's supposed to do.