Type 1 Diabetic SAHM from Texas

Options
My name is Lindsey and I am a type 1 diabetic stay at home mom. I had an emergency csection 15 months ago. Six weeks ago my husband (who is a fit freak) convinced me to do p90x3 with him, and I have done it everyday since. I have found that it is addicting, and is a lifestyle I enjoy. Especially having my husband beside me as motivation. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I've lost SEVERAL inches. I currently weigh 150 and I'd like to be down to 130. But I'm not sure how possible that will be. Even though I can't get rid of the diabetes, I want to feel better and look better regardless.

Oh & I'm from Texas

Replies

• johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    you may have replaced fat with muscle, hence the reason for no weight loss
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Your first priority is to manage your diabetes. Doing that, use myfitnesspal to record the food you eat. I don't know what kind of variety you can have or what your min/max limits are for your diabetes management, but if it is possible to lose 0.5 lb/week and still manage your diabetes myfitnesspal is a wonderful tool to use. You can probably find a group of like-situationed ladies. If you can't find such a group, you can create one. I am also in Texas. A whole other country.
  • lag1694
    lag1694 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your first priority is to manage your diabetes. Doing that, use myfitnesspal to record the food you eat. I don't know what kind of variety you can have or what your min/max limits are for your diabetes management, but if it is possible to lose 0.5 lb/week and still manage your diabetes myfitnesspal is a wonderful tool to use. You can probably find a group of like-situationed ladies. If you can't find such a group, you can create one. I am also in Texas. A whole other country.

Thank you! I have the Omnipod insulin pump so I am able to track my carbs and such in the pdm. Although I can't lose the diabetes, I'd love to find a group of people in the same situation. Good idea!