Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    is that good or bad?
  • melissamoak2015
    melissamoak2015 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't know what happened with that message. It didn't post what I typed. My weight loss has stopped just in my second week.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Are you accurately tracking your calories? Are you at correct daily caloric intake to meet your goals? How far are you from your goal weight?
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    weight loss is not linear , its a long slow process. you cannot determine if you have stopped losing in week two.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is nothing.. Agreed with @SonyaCele

Also, new exercise, time of the month and high sodium can mask losses.

Just wondering, are you weighing all your foods?
  • melissamoak2015
    Options
    Yes
  • melissamoak2015
    Options
    Far from goal
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is nothing. If it were six weeks that's a plateau.
  • reddevil614
    reddevil614 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    from all of the reading I've done on mfp and the various internets, and my and my friend's/family's experience, it seems like week 2 usually equals a stall in weight loss, but keep going cause that *kitten* will pick right the *kitten* back up!!
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Could just mean you might need to change your workout routine some in a small way . Be sure you are drinking lots of plain water
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you are staying under you caloric goal for the day, drink a lot of water, and change up your workouts. Your body adapts pretty quickly.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    It's only week two, and it could be anything. Is it your time to PMS or are you nearing your monthly cycle? Could be you are just retaining water.

Drink lots of water, double check your calorie intake and relax. It will come off.
  • melissamoak2015
    Options
    Thank you
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    as pointed out two weeks is nothing, I've hit a plateau on loss for pretty much 6 weeks, but my boody shape is still changing. I took up cycling to work (16 km uphill on the way in and 16 km downhill home. I push for faster times every day. I also walked a half marathon (and did some longer walking in prep) I know it's in part me eating back too many of my calories burned but it's also just changes in weight distribution and some water retention from the exercise. It's a long term thing. If I'm still this weight in July it will be because i am not logging properly or just plain eating at maintenance. Give it some time and since you are early in the process if you didn't do it log your measurements because even in a plateau you can see change there
  • melissamoak2015
    Options
    Yes I need to log my measurements. Thanks