I have a confession to make.....

Cherilea
Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
edited 1:38AM in Chit-Chat
I quite enjoy the show, "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding." There I said it, but tell me Im not alone! :tongue: I find that whole way of life very intersting. Girls, and believe the boys too, quit school when they are around 12 yrs of age. The boys go to work, and the girls take care of their younger siblings and pretty much the whole household. The girls get married around 16 and are housewives from there on out. They have these extravagant, anything goes, weddings and it is never revealed where the money comes from to pay for these huge affairs. Even though these girls spend their young lives planning for this day, I can't help but feel sorry for them. They never seem very happy and some of them look so scared. When I tuned in, for the first time, I really didn't think I would like it. Boy, was I wrong! lol I wonder what things are like, for these young couples, several years down the road. In one of the episodes, it said that the abuse rate is high but the wives rarely leave their husbands. :frown:

Replies

• _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    I have never watched that show, but I love Big Time Rush and wanted to watch Big Time Break-up tonight. They kids wanted to watch Wild Boyz.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Yeah, that show is strangely compelling:blushing:
  • LaPistolaSexola
    LaPistolaSexola Posts: 243 Member
    I have never watched that show, but I love Big Time Rush and wanted to watch Big Time Break-up tonight. They kids wanted to watch Wild Boyz.

I asked my bf to dl their song for me :blushing:

and he did :bigsmile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    That show made me feel really bad.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Nevet have even heard of the gypsy show. Loved the Rock of Love show with Brett Michaels. And the best thing about the kids being here for vacation--- can watch Phineas & Pherb!!!!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Okay...also addicted to the show..hanging head..
  • Cherilea
    Nevet have even heard of the gypsy show. Loved the Rock of Love show with Brett Michaels. And the best thing about the kids being here for vacation--- can watch Phineas & Pherb!!!!

Friday nights on TLC. Oh, and I LOVE Phineas and Pherb! I'll watch it even when the kids aren't around! lol
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member

Friday nights on TLC. Oh, and I LOVE Phineas and Pherb! I'll watch it even when the kids aren't around! lol

Moooom! Cherilea is making a title sequence again!!!!
    Hey...where's Perry?
  • Cherilea

Moooom! Cherilea is making a title sequence again!!!!
    Hey...where's Perry?

You know that sound Perry makes? That's my son's ringtone...he's 19! lol
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    I wont even deny my nerdiness and love for educational shows and shows like storage wars and stuff for some reason in my age group its the norm(except for the woooo girls and jersey boys). Yet I have quite a few guilty pleasures from when I was a kid till now :wink: in no order...
    1. Saved By The Bell...no reason its soooo very 80's you haved to love it
    2. Full House..who lives that way???
    3. 7th Heaven...it was wholesome meaningful TV
    4. Fam Guy/American Dad/Futurama/South Park...mindless dribble that makes me giggle
    5. Degrassi...it cuts the crap and for a teeny show deals with heavy issues in a real way

There are more but these are super guilty pleasures...
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Me too! But at least its not something like Toddlers and Tiaras -- That show just creeps me out...and annoys me. :laugh:
  • blackrose80
    blackrose80 Posts: 134
    Is it an American version?
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Secret Life of the American Teenager for me. *hangs head & sighs* I will even be watching and telling the characters how stupid and annoying I find them, yet I tune in week after week.
  • Cherilea
    Me too! But at least its not something like Toddlers and Tiaras -- That show just creeps me out...and annoys me. :laugh:

That show makes me ill! Seriously, I watched it once it made me sick to my stomach!
  • coleyco30
    coleyco30 Posts: 29 Member
    What suprised me about My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding was when the girls were bragging about how heavy their dresses were! And that, "the bigger the bruise left on the hips by the dress, the better the wedding is" mentality. Holy cow.

(umm... I LOVE Toddlers and Tiaras... lol)
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120 Member
    I find Big Fat Gypsy Wedding so compelling. I, too, would like an update after, say, a year of marriage or whatever. One other thing that I find intriguing about the show is the willingness of the girls/women to appear on camera and the reluctance of the boys/men.
This discussion has been closed.