Sugar

Options
One of the items I am tracking on food is the sugar. But I am getting hammered. And it is mainly due to fruits. I am already way over my alloted sugar. If I cut out a banana and an orange, I would be ok. But then I would have to supplement those snack with something not as healthy and surely not natural.

Replies

• shellybsn
    shellybsn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try some veggies or whole grains instead. Maybe these will still work since they're natural and healthy, but a little less sugar.
  • allthismusic
    Options
    How about raspberries? They are a lot lower in sugar.
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I always go over in sugar because of fruit and milk...
  • charl09
    charl09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find the same but these are good sugars from the fruit and naturally occuring sugars in milk and yoghurts - sooo not too feel guilty about!
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Berries, tuna with crackers, whole grain bread with almond butter, handful of nuts, PB on celery....Just a few ideas :)
  • MissMandy1010
    MissMandy1010 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The sugar in fruits are natural and not nearly as bad for you as processed and artificial sweeteners. That being said, I always go over on mine, too and have been trying to cut it down. I think you have to decide what works for you. This MFP is a tool, not a way of life, so if you go over because you're eating fruit, i think its better than if you're eating candy or junk food. Try to cut it out somewhere else. Or try other types of snacks if cutting out the sugar is essential. MFP is a great way to make you become aware of the foods/cals you are taking in, but don't let it run your life. Unless you want it to. :-) good luck!!
  • AKAngi
    AKAngi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about your sugar intake as long as it's coming from fruit and not cookies or something. ;-) And, as long as you're not overdoing the fruit (you know, 8 apples a day or something), you should be fine. Fruit contains natural sugars, not processed sugars, so they're actually good for you.
  • jimmyz19
    jimmyz19 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This was a concern of mine too when I started looking at my sugars. I looked around on here and found that most people go over on their sugar when they are eating fruit. Many posts that I have read mention that they do some quick math and subtract their fruit sugar and keep an aye on the other sugars that way, it seems to work for most. Hope this helps.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    All sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from. Fruit just happens to have other benefits :)
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    searching on the forum will bring up a TON of previous conversations about sugar = fruit vs refined sugars.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about fruit sugar, I hate that sugar tab so I don't even use it, it's stupid to me really.