Insanity- started

Options
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me tips for insanity, to keep myself going and retain the energy to continue the program, without actually drinking the prescribed recovery drink or shakeology?

Also how well does insanity work?

Replies

• pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    I think that you get what you give with Insanity. For me, it's really fun and I feel great doing it. Stick to it and you'll see great results! I don't have Shakeology (the recovery drink) and it's not a big deal at all, just keep up with your nutrition and stay fueled! Good luck :)
  • deeR504
    deeR504 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am beginning Insanity next week. So hope it is not to tenuous, having asthma makes exercising more difficult yet I am very determined and have a motivating workout partner.
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Just eat enough healthy calories and drink enough water... That's the best thing for you... Also, if you want, you could drink a whey protien shake after you work out...

I finished Insanity jun 4th. I lost 16 lbs and a few inches... It's going to help you get inshape, might not lose all the weight you want, but after you're done, you'll be well on your way. Don't be surprised if you gain a couple of pounds in the first week or 2. It'll come off as you go through the program.

I like Insanity so much, I just started my 2nd round.

Good luck and just keep pushing play...
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have before-and-after pic on my profile if you want to check them out.

I never used Shakeology or any other Beachbody drink, but I would highly recommend a protein shake after each workout to help with muscle recovery. I buy mine at Walmart and it works just fine. I didn't follow the Insanity nutrition guide because I'm way too picky of an eater, but you need to make sure that you eat enough to fuel your body through the workouts. Do you have a heart rate monitor so you can track your calories burned? I can't see your weight on your profile, but since you're a female, I'll give you some advice based off my stats. Insanity recommended that I consume an extra 500 calories, but I usually only burned 250-350 the first month and 350-450 the second month. I only ate back what I burned.

My biggest piece of advice is to keep pushing through it. Insanity is as much mental as it is physical, if not more so. You're going to hurt, you're going to want to quit... DON'T. If you have to modify the exercises to suit your abilities, do it, even if you just jog in place. Keep moving, keep trying. You'll be amazed at how much progress you'll make each time you push play, and you'll feel such a great sense of accomplishment when you're done each workout and finally the whole 9 weeks.

Feel free to add me and ask for advice or motivation whenever you need it. Best wishes!
  • Sinz2011
    Sinz2011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank You so much! The advice really helps, i just dont want to burn out and get demotivated because of it after a cuple of days. I want to keep pushing lay even if im modifying it.

Thank you everyone, this really helps!!

:)

I never used Shakeology or any other Beachbody drink, but I would highly recommend a protein shake after each workout to help with muscle recovery. I buy mine at Walmart and it works just fine. I didn't follow the Insanity nutrition guide because I'm way too picky of an eater, but you need to make sure that you eat enough to fuel your body through the workouts. Do you have a heart rate monitor so you can track your calories burned? I can't see your weight on your profile, but since you're a female, I'll give you some advice based off my stats. Insanity recommended that I consume an extra 500 calories, but I usually only burned 250-350 the first month and 350-450 the second month. I only ate back what I burned.

My biggest piece of advice is to keep pushing through it. Insanity is as much mental as it is physical, if not more so. You're going to hurt, you're going to want to quit... DON'T. If you have to modify the exercises to suit your abilities, do it, even if you just jog in place. Keep moving, keep trying. You'll be amazed at how much progress you'll make each time you push play, and you'll feel such a great sense of accomplishment when you're done each workout and finally the whole 9 weeks.

Feel free to add me and ask for advice or motivation whenever you need it. Best wishes!
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options

Great results! Was that after one round? You did good, congrats!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Great results! Was that after one round? You did good, congrats!

Thanks! Yes, that was one round. I lost 10 pounds, but I was toward the end of my weight loss journey anyway, so I think I would've lost more had I started out heavier.