Over 40 feeling the funk need help

Options
I don't quite get this community yet but I'm here if anyone wants to chat. I've been super stressed and eating terribly to make myself feel better.
Today and yesterday I decided to really log my jumpstart stuff and I'm getting more sad by the minute. My inner child is screaming cos she ant have sugar. It's lame but I thought Simone here would understand.

Replies

• Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    @pootsquee Hello!

Try not to take MFP personally, most folks on here are just logging their own progress.

40's are a strange time, full of mixed feelings about life!!

I hate to sound preachy, because I'm really not like that, but focusing on health and feeling good is absolutely the thing to try and get your head around. The weight loss with follow. Short term weight loss gains are rarely sustainable without the overall 'health first' mindset.

Easier to say than do I know...

If you're really struggling with the sugar thing, just try eliminating one sugary food or drink at a time. You CAN do this! Feel free to connect with me,
    Best of luck, Lorraine ☺️
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    pootsquee wrote: »
    I don't quite get this community yet but I'm here if anyone wants to chat. I've been super stressed and eating terribly to make myself feel better.
    Today and yesterday I decided to really log my jumpstart stuff and I'm getting more sad by the minute. My inner child is screaming cos she ant have sugar. It's lame but I thought Simone here would understand.

Sugar is SUCH a tough one to break. It usually takes a few days of not eating it to really stop the cravings. I'll admit when I do that I am such a total B!&@% for those first few days! Hang in there!
  • suarez73
    suarez73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I understand the difficulties and I think everyone understands where you're coming from. My weakness is salt and greasy food. It's OK to have a little bit of sugar once in a while but moderation is the key. Remember you are doing this for your health and if you didn't have cravings you wouldn't be human! I eat the Special K snacks when I crave sugar, only 100 calories and they are satisfying.
    Hang in there!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I understand. I'm 62 and suffering the funk of years of bad habits. It's hard to change and I struggle.
  • pootsquee
    pootsquee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm doing better today. Working on logging everything and being mindful of what I stick in my mouth. Also remembering that I'm not the largest I've ever been, and I am way better now than I have been in the past.
    It is a struggle!!!
  • marymitchell40
    marymitchell40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Girl I am a stress eater too and I truly understand where u are coming from.... I just started also and also had an set back on some loaded down cheese grits