How many days/ months after did you start seeing results?

Options
romzana
romzana Posts: 86 Member
I can see some difference in my body but was just wondering when did you see the weight drop off

Replies

• sdbernier
    sdbernier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm only down 13 pounds and I still do not see a difference. I feel a difference in the way my clothes fit and I've had a few people ask me if I've lost weight while others just notice something different about me.
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's a good question. I'm finally starting to see some difference. Yesterday I saw someone I have not seen in a few months and they said I looked like I had lost some weight. It's been 2 months of pretty steady increase with my swim, bike, and run with core mixed in about once a week. I should be doing more core and weight training. I gained weight for most of the 2 months but I guess the transition from flab to muscle is finally showing. It's hard to see in yourself since the changes happen so gradually. I can do things I couldn't do 2 months ago so I can definitely sense the change. 2 months ago I started running 3 miles and felt it, now I can run 14 miles, I still feel it, but 3 miles is like a walk in the park. I'm doing the St George Half Ironman this weekend. I definitely can say I would not have been able to do it 2 months ago but now I feel like I can do it. Not fast but, I believe I can finish with a smile on my face.
  • falalaholly
    falalaholly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1" so you'd think you'd see the small results quickly... its been 2 months, complete change of diet to regular meat/carb/fat eater to vegetarian, 7lbs down and i literally see zero difference, my pants fit a little better.. thats about it.

the best thing i've come up with is .. be sure to take before pictures.. that way when you're looking in the mirror thinking.. i look the same!! you can look at the pictures you took when you started and compare and be like..ohhh... ok. :)
  • jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2. So far I have lost 30 lbs since january and I am just now getting comments on the weightloss.
  • swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I didn’t see results until about month 3, which can seem discouraging but I think I wanted to see extremely significant results which won’t happen in a small amount of time. But that’s not how long it took others to see it. My family and friends started to see it in my face in the first month.

I also don’t weight myself because in the past that has been discouraging to me, not seeing the weight come off at the rate I want. This would cause me to not want to work out because it seemed like it was for nothing so when it comes to weight results, I don’t know how I’m doing. I just know I’m getting smaller, slowly and getting healthier; and that is my goal.

Now, even though I didn’t see results in my body for 3 months that doesn’t mean I didn’t feel the results. Things I noticed within the first month was breathing was easier for me. I could breathe steady while on the treadmill and talking on the phone. Also, simple task like going up the stairs was easier. I was also able to push myself to do other things in the gym that I would never think of doing (and continue to push myself). I could just feel healthier!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Outside of one person at the gym who's a regular in one of the classes I go to (she hadn't been in awhile), no one has mentioned anything and I'm down like 34 lbs. I think my bf notices, he's not really a touchy type person but lately it's like he's been feeling up the muscles in my legs lol....but he hasn't come right out and said anything about hey you've lost weight. But he has noticed I've been working out consistently, because he's started asking how was your workout or if I don't go he'll ask no workout today. And I'm fine with that, I don't want to have to get into a discussion of yea I've lost that many but am still nowhere near where I used to be and have to admit just how much I weigh. Come on no girl wants to admit to a guy that there's a good chance you did or do weigh more than them!

I wear scrubs to work so since they're loose fitting anyway I don't think you can tell. It's always freezing in our office so I always have a jacket on, so I think that hides just how baggy my scrub top has gotten. I'm short so my bottoms always almost drag a bit, so even though they're looser in the waist/thighs, I've just been pulling up higher and tying the drawstring tighter.

If out with friends, I've been getting more comments that oh you look nice...but again nothing specific to have you lost weight.

I think the change has just been so slow that it's hard for people that see me everyday to see it. But if you haven't seen me for awhile, it's noticeable.

It would be nice if someone noticed.....ME! Lol, some days I can tell and others I feel like I look exactly the same.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Just recently my mother in law noticed a difference in my face and then I noticed and posted some before and after face pics on here.
  • ladidido
    ladidido Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have lost 10 lbs and 3.5" (waist) since January. Since I'm only 5'1", people noticed right away. I noticed in my desire to take care of myself! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!