Options

Replies

• unnichacko
    unnichacko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    lozzle22 wrote: »
    unnichacko wrote: »
    Week 1 done.
    during the workout I am not really out of breath but my legs give up a lot of times. Does this happen to anyone else also?

Yes me too! I am relatively out of breath but that isn't what causes me to take breaks, it's the muscles getting tired. I'm noticing tireness more in week 2, although I'm not sore at all anymore. Now I think it's just a case of pressing on and getting stronger so I can start to push myself. I find Pure Cardio the WORST, I hate it haha

For me it's Plyometric Cardio Circuit. I think its the killer. Pure Cardio involves your legs lesser than Plyo. Even if Cardio Recovery, I am completely fine but i have to take constant break because my legs almost die in those hold and pulses. There should be something to it. Are we doing something wrong or is it just we are to get strong/stronger through out this program? I think it's like first round is going to be difficult and the second round it will ease up. In other news, have you noticed, even the professionals give up sometimes? I think we should not feel bad about taking short breaks, it sometimes thickens the urge to push more after.
  • cardertaxidermy
    cardertaxidermy Posts: 86 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I swear most of the time I have to stop its my calfs. That are killing me. I also agree the Plyometric is the hardest. I will literally be dripping sweat on the floor. I really would love to get a Fitbit so I can see a better estimate of my calorie burn.

Plyometric in the books for today!!!!!!! Tomorrow is recovery.
  • unnichacko
    Options
    unnichacko wrote: »
    Week 1 done.
    during the workout I am not really out of breath but my legs give up a lot of times. Does this happen to anyone else also?

That is exactly what happens to me during warm up

what helps me is to increase the intensity gradually. First time I am doing it as if I can sing any of The Weekend song, second time I take it up a notch and third time I push myself so hard, well I know I will get a long break after, that gives me the mental support to push as hard as I can.

Also, have you seen an increase in your appetite? I am constantly hungry these days. And do you find it difficult to do this intense workout while on period? I am scared, my period is on the way and I have never worked out like this before on my period.
  • unnichacko
    Options
    I swear most of the time I have to stop its my calfs. That are killing me. I also agree the Plyometric is the hardest. I will literally be dripping sweat on the floor. I really would love to get a Fitbit so I can see a better estimate of my calorie burn.

Plyometric in the books for today!!!!!!! Tomorrow is recovery.

Amen to that. Best of luck girl. I finished mine in the morning. My timezone is UTC+5.30
  • kvwalton30
    kvwalton30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started month 2 this week - eek! I didn't have many issues with month 1 - didn't suffer with aches and pains etc but after 2 workouts of month 2 I ache all over! But its great to feel the progress - I know I would have struggled more a month ago than where I am now. (I skipped the recovery week as I couldn't face it and having missed a couple of month 1 workouts due to illness and my wedding coming up I felt the need to get results more quickly!). I have toned up in month 1, not lost a lot of weight but can see a small difference and clothes fit better. Feel much fitter too, although some of the crazy press ups in the new workouts are just way beyond me!
  • billutzman
    billutzman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    By week 4 you will notice a difference. Don't focus on month 2. Keep your sights on recovery week. Well, they call it recovery week. I call it pain and gain.
    Whoever called it recovery week should be fired or get a raise.

This morning was Max cardio conditioning. It is Pure Cardio extreme! I spent more time in childs pose sucking air.
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 3 done although I STRUGGLED today, I rested more than I did. I have a few theories why... I should have done it in the morning, I waited too late and am tired. I had a really busy on my feet all day work day so was also tired. For the first time in 3 weeks I ate some refined sugar (like 1 piece of cake) and o actually feel awful. I have heartburn, I feel bloated and crap. It's crazy but I actually really wish I hadn't eaten it and I'm craving healthy foods. this has never happened to me before! I think that's all the reasons why today wasn't so great, but I'm going to just suck it up, do recovery tomorrow and push on :) hope I can get back to pushing myself next week so I can see some good results by the end of month 1! Dreading month 2 already haha! But then again I really struggled with month 1 when I started but am much better now!
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    I hit recovery week next week. I am also nervous for month 2 but will do my best. I am actually most nervous about the length of the work outs. I do my workouts in the morning, this just means getting up earlier. I actually haven't seen any changes in my body yet. Weight is the same and measurements seem to be the same too. Haven't taken new pics yet. I did up my calories from 1200 to 1700 when I started insanity because I wasn't looking to lose much more weight (5'4" 127lbs) and I was told that you should be eating around 1800 during this program. I do not follow their eating plan but I do eat rather healthy and clean. You can look at food diary if interested I track everything.

I am trying to decide what program to go to after insanity. I am deciding between insanity Max30 or PX90. Any suggestions. Max 30 sounds so good because only 30 minute workouts, but o feel I'd get better results from PX90
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options

billutzman wrote: »
    By week 4 you will notice a difference. Don't focus on month 2. Keep your sights on recovery week. Well, they call it recovery week. I call it pain and gain.
    Whoever called it recovery week should be fired or get a raise.

This morning was Max cardio conditioning. It is Pure Cardio extreme! I spent more time in childs pose sucking air.

This cracks me up. Sucking air
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    I hit recovery week next week. I am also nervous for month 2 but will do my best. I am actually most nervous about the length of the work outs. I do my workouts in the morning, this just means getting up earlier. I actually haven't seen any changes in my body yet. Weight is the same and measurements seem to be the same too. Haven't taken new pics yet. I did up my calories from 1200 to 1700 when I started insanity because I wasn't looking to lose much more weight (5'4" 127lbs) and I was told that you should be eating around 1800 during this program. I do not follow their eating plan but I do eat rather healthy and clean. You can look at food diary if interested I track everything.

I am trying to decide what program to go to after insanity. I am deciding between insanity Max30 or PX90. Any suggestions. Max 30 sounds so good because only 30 minute workouts, but o feel I'd get better results from PX90

I have p90x3 which I plan on doing straight after insanity, it has the benefit of 30 mins plus more strength training. I'm not sure about month two but I don't feel like insanity is working my arms and abs yet, mostly legs. I've lost 2lbs so far and not really changed measurements. Hopefully I'll get some results!!

• billutzman
    billutzman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about P90X3 also. 30min seems more reasonable. T25 was ok, but 25 min just fell short for me on calories burned. If I dont burn over 300 cals I feel the workout was wasted. Plus that means I have to eat less.

Month 2 workouts hover around an hour. Max cardio is 47min. But any longer then everyone would be dead.

Its basically just a 3rd circuit added in and pushups extreme.

• MWGemini
    MWGemini Posts: 40 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you, but the most painful arm workouts for me throughout the entire Insanity program were the last few minutes of the recovery week. I've always thought my shoulders were my best feature and strongest muscle, but by the end of that workout, they were burning. Sometimes I'd add a 5lb dumbbell in each hand just for "fun". And by fun, I mean my shoulders burned so much that I couldn't muster the energy to flip off Sean T at the end. I did glare menacingly at him after collapsing to the floor in a puddle of sweat though...

I'm a few days away from finishing the final week of Insanity, and definitely glad I did it. I've tried to keep my weight about the same but drop a little body fat (trying to get better definition in my abs), so I've been playing with my food intake over the last 2 months in order to do that. Seems to be working, I've dropped 1-2% body fat according to my scale, and I have visibly better muscle tone in my abs and shoulders. I've dropped about 7lbs in the last 2 months, without trying to (I was gradually increasing my protein intake throughout).

@cardertaxidermy I'd recommend looking into P90X3, as several other posters mentioned. From what I understand, it's P90X "light", with slightly easier exercises, and workouts about half as long (~30 mins as opposed to ~60 mins). You may want to check into athleanx.com as well. It's on my shopping list, but I haven't personally done the program yet, just watched a lot of his Youtube videos. There are Athlean-X programs specifically for women that might be what you are looking for.
  • Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Day 1 on the left, 0r4dvcr56nrw.jpeg
    day 9 on the right, can't believe how much that little bloat has disappeared!!

Awesome!

• cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Well today was Cardio Recovery. I am so excited to say that my hubby got me the Fitbit blaze for Mother's Day and now I can start tracking my calorie burn better. Can't wait to exercise tomorrow.
  • mrs_kurz
    Options
    Well yesterday was recovery, today is power and resistance. I have to say since Tuesday I have STRUGGLED. I don't know whether it's just because I'm generally busy and tired but it's been tough to get through the workouts. Today is actually the first day in a while where I'm actually so busy I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to do it, but I will really try to prioritise it! Probably it will be this evening though, nearly done with week two! How are all you guys doing?
  • cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Today was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. It was so nice incorporate the Fitbit. It clocked me as burning 379 calories. Tomorrow is power and resistance and the end to week 4!!!!!! I can't believe it has flown by. Next week is recovery week and then on to month 2!!!!!!

• cardertaxidermy
    Options
    Well yesterday was recovery, today is power and resistance. I have to say since Tuesday I have STRUGGLED. I don't know whether it's just because I'm generally busy and tired but it's been tough to get through the workouts. Today is actually the first day in a while where I'm actually so busy I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to do it, but I will really try to prioritise it! Probably it will be this evening though, nearly done with week two! How are all you guys doing?

It is sometimes hard to fit in. That is why no matter what time I have to get up I just get up an hour early and get it out of the way for the day. Congrats on finishing up week 2. You can do this!!!! We are gonna be fitter and slimmer by summer!!!!!

• Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Hey! Fantastic work finishing up week 2. I'm finishing up week 3 tomorrow with Plyo Cardio Circuit. I have noticed a big difference in my stamina this week.

Great job to you too @cardertaxidermy, month one in the bag! Recovery week coming up and you'll be ready for the Max workouts.
    L x
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    So jealous of all you Insanity folks. I've done it a couple times but am going through a bout of plantar fasciitis and just can't do the jumping right now. Technically, I could modify it but once it starts I want to go all in. Insanity Max 30 is good, too.

Personally, I don't think you should ever get to where you can go straight through without stopping. If you can do that, you're not working hard enough. (That's my justification for not making it through without stopping.) :wink:

Have fun!!
  • Ewestlu
    Ewestlu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Today was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. It was so nice incorporate the Fitbit. It clocked me as burning 379 calories. Tomorrow is power and resistance and the end to week 4!!!!!! I can't believe it has flown by. Next week is recovery week and then on to month 2!!!!!!

Great job! Almost halfway!!