1300 calories

Options
Hi i am on.a 1300 calorie and i need to loose 35 pounds do you guys know how long it will take me if i stick tonthe 1300 calorie a day. How long did it tookbu guys to loose 35 pounds

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Most people lost 0.5-2 pounds per week. Weight loss is not linear so hard to say. Could take a few months could take a year. Stick with your goals and don't worry about how long it will take as long as you get there.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    For your information, don't expect to loose that much weight in a set period of time. You will wind up disappointed. A lot of things can affect your weight. You may loose two pounds one week, and nothing the next.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It would be a stab in the dark to even guess.
    Activity level, exercise, and stats all play a part in how much you will lose at a given calorie amount. Then there is the accuracy of your logging that could throw things off as well (picking accurate entries from the database / food scale for portions is better than measuring cups, but measuring cups are better than just eyeballing).

• Melodycollazo22
    Melodycollazo22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank u guys deff will stick to it
  • tempuress_82
    tempuress_82 Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    5' 2" on a 1320 cal. Per day.... Not sure what my weight is anymore but i went from a 41 " waist to a 37" in 2 weeks....using this app i walk 4-8 miles per day ( speed walk) 2-3 days outta the week ill speed walking with 5 lb weights....my starting weight was 175 ...although im not exactly sure what my #s are as of now i do know ive lost 4" in waist my legs are already slimming and toning as well as my arms..my shirts AND pants are bit baggier..because of my consistant water intake my skin is amazingly clear blemish and cellulite free ..no more bags under my eyes or darkness (its ALL cleared up) ! ...and this is just withing 17 days !!!!! If you set goals for yourself believe me when i say with enough motivation and drive and great will power you can do ANYTHING! You WILL notice difference and you will be so proud of yourself and that alone will drive you further into bettering your life choices! It doesnt happen overnight but when it does happen its absolutley the most amazing feeling!!!
  • Melodycollazo22
    Melodycollazo22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Most people lost 0.5-2 pounds per week. Weight loss is not linear so hard to say. Could take a few months could take a year. Stick with your goals and don't worry about how long it will take as long as you get there.

Wow congrats yes deff will do is a long process but it will be so worthed thank you
  • will_bill
    will_bill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think 1.300 calories a day is too much for my case. I'm afraid of gain weight! Do you guys trust the intake recommended by the app? This is my second day ! New life
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I think 1.300 calories a day is too much for my case. I'm afraid of gain weight! Do you guys trust the intake recommended by the app? This is my second day ! New life

Yes. Granted it's based on averages, but it's calorie goal plus exercise cals/adjustments worked for me. MFP typically gave me a NET goal of 1250-1500 depending on what I had the activity level set at and weight loss per week setting. However with exercise/Fitbit adjustments my total calorie consumed typically averaged out to land in the 1800-2000 calories (sometimes a bit more/sometimes a little less, but overall that's the range I tend to eat in for weight loss). I maintain around 2200-2300 calories (I'm 5'4.5", trend weight 121.7 lbs, moderately active).

Your a 28 yr old male (according to your profile) and based on the changes to nutritional recommendations in 2014, shouldn't be eating less than 1500 calories per day for weight loss.
  • will_bill
    will_bill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Many thanks . I've been struggling with weight loss for about five years now, and a friend told me about the app. I am really motivated and will give it a go . It seems the healthiest option.
    Your response was really helpful:-)
  • unnichacko
    unnichacko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi i am on.a 1300 calorie and i need to loose 35 pounds do you guys know how long it will take me if i stick tonthe 1300 calorie a day. How long did it tookbu guys to loose 35 pounds

You will lose a lot of weight in the first 2 weeks and then it will slow down gradually. That really happens. Also the chances are to gain all that back(slowly, you wont notice even) and some more whence you up your calorie.

Here's a video to really help you to start. (but if you want my honest opinion, don't set yourself for such low calorie diet. I know its low calorie, because I am just a five foot nothing my BMR is 1362. I eat about 2200 calories because I am quite active of a person, you will only wind up getting all the weight back) Start slow and cut down things like alcohol, chips, fried foods and stuffs and slowly incorporate clean foods/healthy foods in your diet. Start slow and do things gradually/slowly. Oh the video, wait,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0SoSMN4TOM