Boot camp and food

Options
TeraGC
TeraGC Posts: 40 Member
I've just started a new boot camp style workout. I'm a little concerned about how I need to change my eating habits for the next four weeks. I have been tracking my calories and now that I've started this workout, I'm allowed more calories and I'm hungrier but I feel like I should be adding something specific to the plan... I don't want to just grub down on a cheeseburger. My goal is to continue losing weight, I've got 15 lbs to go until I'm at my goal but I am terribly out of shape. So the workout is aerobically REALLY difficult.

Replies

• pianoplt
    pianoplt Posts: 3
    Options
    you will be amazed how fast you will adapt stick with it .......results will happen fast good luck.....plenty of water and no night eating
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've just started a new boot camp style workout. I'm a little concerned about how I need to change my eating habits for the next four weeks. I have been tracking my calories and now that I've started this workout, I'm allowed more calories and I'm hungrier but I feel like I should be adding something specific to the plan... I don't want to just grub down on a cheeseburger. My goal is to continue losing weight, I've got 15 lbs to go until I'm at my goal but I am terribly out of shape. So the workout is aerobically REALLY difficult.

I'm really interested to know what workout is it specifically? I like these kinds of workouts.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My dietitian recommended almonds about an hour or so before boot camp, about a dozen or so. It gives you good fat, carbs and protein, which are all things that are good for a workout like that. (Sometimes I also add some dried cherries or cranberries with it.)
  • TeraGC
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow... adding just a few almonds...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Protein and carbs are your best friend. Boot camp typically burns a lot of calories so before you go (at least 30 minutes before) eat something with protein AND carbs...afterward, refuel with a lot of protein and a little bit of carbs. Eat clean.
  • TeraGC
    Options
    It starts out stretching and then a really good, quick warm up. Jogging in place, jumps, drops with push ups, jogging in place - over and over. Then we did lunges, back ward lunges, Hitler kicks, curb squats then we finished off with half squats... it was brutal. Total time 1 hour
  • Hphip
    Hphip Posts: 2
    Options
    i'm starting boot camp next month. working out at 5:30 AM is way out of my comfort zone. i sure hope that it helps. i have 15 more lbs to go.
  • Hphip
    Hphip Posts: 2
    Options
    BTW- how do i log it under exercise?
  • lovejoy0
    lovejoy0 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello. I do a boot camp workout 3 days a week and the way I log it depends on what we do. Usually it's running 5.0 mph for 30 minutes, 20 minutes of calisthenics (vigorous) and 10 minutes of strength training. Hope this helps!