Does this app adjust calorie intake as I loose weight?

Options
I'm new to the app and love it. I'm an ex-weight watcher and used their app. As my weight went down, their app adjusted your daily point intake downward. Does this app do the same thing with calorie intake? In other words, as I started out at 209 pounds, I'm alloted 1880 calories per day to loose 1 pound per week. When I reach a lower weight, say 200 pounds, I should not be taking in the same amount of calories as when I started out to keep the same goal of 1 pound per week. Will this app then adjust my calorie allocation when I loose wait? If not, how do I get around it? Thanks

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    It does prompt you to re-enter your goals every 10 pounds (I think), but only if you didn't use a manual calorie goal. If you entered your own calorie goal, it doesn't prompt you.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Go to your settings and reset all your info with the new info then click on "Let's Get Started". It'll recalculate then.
  • reevess113
    reevess113 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If you log your weight, my experience is that calories will adjust down to a floor.
  • lakshva
    lakshva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As you log your weight loss progress, I have noticed that MFP automatically recalculates the calories.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    There is no automatic recalculation of calories if you just Check-in your weight at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/measurements/check_in