Breakfast???

Options

Replies

• JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I love my mushroom omelettes on the weekends, but usually on weekdays my go to is 150g of rice with an egg :)
  • killafitnessxo
    killafitnessxo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Spray Pam in a muffin tin , line bottom with one piece of turkey bacon, ( I cut mine in half and cross them) crack a egg in and add pepper and parsley on top !

Bake for 20 mins on 350! Quick, great for prepping for the week and so good !
  • jensmith637
    jensmith637 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burrito most weekdays! I saute onions, mushrooms and peppers, add two eggs and then wrap it up with fresh spinach and half an avocado!
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Chocolate flavored oatmeal and a banana/apple with a cup of tea! Trying to wean off coffee.
    Would maybe have milk or yogurt to go with it.

Some days I'd have savory oatmeal with a boiled egg

Some days scrambled eggs with tomatoes, onions, and garlic.

Some days cereal and milk

Some days none at all, or just plain liquid.

Keeping breakfast under 250-300 cals ever since I started eating it.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I make a whole foods smoothie with about 300 calories using plain yogurt, real greens, berries, a little piece of banana, nuts, and 3 kinds of seeds. I make it at night to grab and go in the morning. As an alternative, I mix 1/4 cup dry old fashioned oats into 5 ounces of plain fat free yogurt. I stir in canned pumpkin and 5 dried cherries. Next morning I throw nuts in top and add a spoon on my way out the door. Cinnamon would be good on it if it's tolerated.
  • curvesfordays8907
    curvesfordays8907 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day but I really like scrambled eggs with a little bit of spinach, turkey and crushed red pepper flakes and a piece of toast. Other times I'm happy with a turkey sandwich.
  • ricopez1029
    ricopez1029 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    1.5 cup of cut off fruit (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, apple or pear, 1 cup of high fiber cereal/raisin brand and Greek yogurt. I can eat this every morning just alternate on the fruit like pineapples, mangos, and on the yogurt change the flavor
  • 4rita
    4rita Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    On most days it is Fiber One Cereal (like to make sure to start my day with lots of fiber - due to some other health issues) and some fresh fruit. But I will also make Oat Groats or oatmeal if I didn't make a pot of groats ahead of time, I will also make a veggie frittata with whatever fresh veggies are around the house that day :smile:
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A banana
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,848 Member
    Options
    My weekday breakfast is usually a hard-boiled or soft-boiled egg and a cup of coffee. Sometimes, I will add a slice of whole wheat toast with sugar free jam. And, so I don't get bored with that, I will have oatmeal every once in a while. I tend to splurge on the weekends because my husband usually prepares breakfast then.
  • dkward11
    dkward11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Breakfast normally consists of Shakeology for me. Sometimes I add a piece of low sodium Ezekiel bread (toast) with either a Tbl of peanut butter or suagr free jam.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My go to most mornings is a fruit smoothie (325 or less calories I use frozen fruit and Greek yogurt and some water) gives me the short term energy i need to get to work (I cycle 16km with a 125m rise). Occasionally i change up and have granola with some fruit and greek yogurt. and once a week or so I have bacon and eggs or some kind of hash made from leftovers with a poached egg. and espresso usually 2 shots but i rarely log it since i drink it black
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cliff Bars
  • emilyswilfong
    emilyswilfong Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually have two pieces of whole grain toast and two fried eggs made into a sandwich. I'm a firm believer in needing fat in your diet :) other days I'll mix it up and have a high protein cereal with unsweetened almond milk.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats with honey, almond milk, and some frozen fruit (blueberries are my favorite). Peanut butter and a banana is also an easy go-to. I'm going to try to mushrooms/baked egg dish @dklibert posted, though. Looks so yummy!
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup of almonds.
  • meganwalker315428
    meganwalker315428 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    0fu6kfr3panl.jpg I have been making breakfasts like this lately. Savory and a little Japanese.
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sometimes nothing, sometimes a coffee, sometimes a shake and sometimes a muffin with Laughing Cheese. I have never really been a breakfast person, the thought of food most mornings turns me off. I tend to eat late into the night and add it to the next day as breakfast.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    my breakfast is always a hard boil egg and my univera liquid suppliments