Just gettin' started...

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Autumn and I'm a 25 year old mother of 2, plus 3 step-kids. I've lost about 16 pounds thus far and want to lost about 40 more. This is a lot harder than I thought it'd be... it's pretty amazing to see the people on here who've accomplished their goals. Imma be that girl someday! :-)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You will love it.
  • AutieHamilton
    Options
    Thanks. I sure hope so! :-)
  • rukusmay
    rukusmay Posts: 5
    Options
    YOU ARE DOING AWESOME SO FAR!!! I find this place to be a perfect motivation for me. I use logging on everyday as a motivational tool to hold myself responsible for what I eat and how much I exercise. Congrats on the weight loss so far and keep up the good work!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Autumn!!
  • superjae5
    superjae5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can do it, you've already done 16. I know ppl who can't motivate themselves past 5. Just remember sometimes with this stuff it can be 2 steps forward, one step back. I've fluxed like crazy for months, and now I'm finally close to my goal. The hardest thing for me was beating my own laziness. There were times when I temporarily gave up on MFP and times when I just gave up over a weekend, but in the end I always climbed back on and now I'm nearly there.

You can do this, you've already made great progress and soon you'll be on the other end of your goal encouraging everyone else here to do it because you did.
  • dreamnbelieve
    dreamnbelieve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Autumn. I am new here too. I am 49 and a mother of three , a step-mother of two,and grandmother of two. None of mine live at home anymore. I just started tracking everything two weeks ago. Would like to lose 35lbs. I think with all the encouragement here, that we just might be able to complete our goals.
  • lou693
    lou693 Posts: 17
    Options
    hey well done yes its really hard ive lost 112 pounds so far im a kiwi so we weight in kg lol so its only like 50 kg but its alot im proud of my self but i just stoped alot of things have happed living with my partner now and he wants to get big and i want to get slim lol so i have alot of bad food around me lol and i live far away from my family who are all big boned and try to lose weight so i have no support well he supports me lol but like he does not know how hard it is a girl on tube tube told ppl about this site so im going to give it ago ive put on like 18 pounds so im not happy but im getting back on track and yea so i hope we can do it to gether lol going to my frist yoga class this moring dnt think it will make me lose alot but its smthing new to do instead of gym lol and omg i just talk and talk and talk lol sorry for the long reply just letting you know im here and we can do it together xoxoxo have a great day
  • dovenotes
    dovenotes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Autumn, I'm a little new here but found this to actually make things much easier. I always hated dieting because i felt I was depriving myself. Haven't felt hungry since I started this which really surprises me. There are so many tools here, that you will find just about anything and everything. Give a shout if you ever need.
  • AutieHamilton
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I've found so far that just keeping track of what I put in my mouth stops me from making bad choices... an 800 calorie burger at McDonald's is just not worth it. I'm glad to be here. This site is wonderful!!
  • mnsmith83
    mnsmith83 Posts: 128
    Options
    Autie, you are amazing, and your progress and deduction are such a motivation for me! Keep your eye on the prize, and just imagine how much healthier and happier we will feel six months from now! I'm so excited we are on this journey together!

Remember, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! Not even a big Mac with cheese! The 2 mins it takes to eat that would require two hours or more on the treadmill!