Swollen ankles

Options
is it the heat? My ankles and calves are really swollen at the mo and it's not TOM... Anyone else affected like this by the heat?

Replies

• Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    heat can cause water retention and result in some swelling, as can sodium, however that is a blanket statement and there may also be underlying causes. If it is a persistent issue its best to be seen by a health care practitioner who can rule out other potential causes.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Mine were like that while on vacation. It was horrible. Actully I think my whole body was. :) And yes, I belive its the heat. It will get better. Lots of water and try to get them up. When you are relaxing, put them up on a stool or the couch.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Heat doesn't do it for me, but processed foods do. Since I cut them out of my life I haven't had a problem with it. This time last year I could barely walk my feet and ankles were so badly swollen. This year, not a problem.

Here's my post I wrote on the changes dropping processed foods and watching my sodium had. It's one of the reason why I monitor my sodium along with my calorie goals.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/milaxx/view/changes-104288#comments
  • MsWright28
    MsWright28 Posts: 43
    Options
    Mine do that often. I went to see a doctor and received a bunch of test for everything but I was fine. I was told to just watch my salt intake and drink lots of water. That's what I have been doing and it worked. It still happens from time to time but I just elevate my feet and keep it moving. Even with me eating healthier and working out more it still does it.