Half way there, but still feels like a huge success

Options
DeviatedNorm
DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
As of the past week or so I'm half way to my goal weight. Not the goal weight that I initially put into MFP, but half way to the weight I "should" be based on my height (150lbs). If I got down to 150, that would be less than I weighed when I started high school. When I started this process I thought such a number was completely unattainable, but after having lost 65lbs already I'm thinking it probably it attainable, it'll just take some work.

All my life I was scared to even try to lose weight. If I failed I knew that would just solidify my self image, that I was always destined to be fat. Thankfully I put on the weight fairly gradually, until I quit smoking and ate everything in site, after which I gained 20+lbs in 2 years. When I got to 275lbs I could feel it in my body that something had to change, if I didn't do something different I was going to end up like the World of Warcraft troll from South Park; I was already most of the way there.

So I joined MFP November 2015. I had several friends who had success with MFP, I figured it was my turn. In March 2016 I started going to the gym and making physical activity a priority, but 98% of this weight loss has absolutely been from calorie restriction alone.

Here's the only picture I have on hand from before I started losing weight. This photo is from about a year ago, I think I might have been around 265lbs in the pic (got to 275 before I decided to make a change)

12573754_10204004275826636_5397680101303373266_n.jpg?oh=129bd92abdab1fc133e3b2fca04759ce&oe=57A1B251

This weekend I went clothes shopping. Very few things I own anymore pass as appropriately fitting. Thank goodness I wear mostly dresses and they've done a decent job contracting with my size, but I was really craving something that fit. So I went to Ross and splurged on three dresses. It was exciting shopping in the non-X sizes again!!! (Well, XL...but not 1x, or 3x like I started)

Here's the one I'm wearing today:

5huS8LT.png

I have a long way to go, but I've made it much further than I would have ever expected.

Replies

• msujack
    msujack Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job so far!
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I hit and surpassed my "quarter to goal" mark yesterday - that felt good and I'll bet you feel terrific! Half way there - you rock!
  • libertygurl
    libertygurl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!

Just hit my half way point too, 26lbs to go.
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    amazing work! Keep it up!
  • hsamaan1
    hsamaan1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep up the hard work and you'll hit your goal before you know it :smile:
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are a huge success.
  • DeviatedNorm
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    Congratulations. You are a huge success.

lol, I hope one day to be a much smaller success ;)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    And you should feel like a success. Good on ya. Keep it up!!

"Ain't nothin' to it but to do it"
  • bianca616
    bianca616 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You look great! I started at 219, 117 days ago and am happily down to 179. My current goal weight is 165 but I may try for another 10 pounds once I am there. As you know, it's a long hard journey but it is so worth it. Keep pushing! You are doing great!!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    65lbs in 6 months is amazing progress! Keep up the awesome work :smile:
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and you look great! Keep up the good work!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    super cute dress! really shows your great figure =D Keep it up! GETTIN THERE! \o/
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Fab, fab, fab dress!!
  • DeviatedNorm
    Options
    Two more months later and I'm now down 85lbs.

I had a great NSV this morning, a friend posted to facebook a group picture from last night and for literally the first time in my life I don't feel like I stand out as a fat whale. I barely stand out as overweight it seems (on the left, in the pink):

13615375_10209857445209926_1990574909091641829_n.jpg?oh=6e6d2a3b4d2520827d7fb6e5ec39a6de&oe=57F36D4B
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!