Just starting out

Options
Hello everyone. I'm just starting this and I'm hoping I'll have some success with it. I've heard a lot of people talk about this site, and I hope it helps me as much as it's helped some others. I've got at least 68 lbs. to lose to be healthy and I know it won't be easy because it seems I have no will power. Any suggestions or advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Replies

• dinah1962
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm just starting this and I'm hoping I'll have some success with it. I've heard a lot of people talk about this site, and I hope it helps me as much as it's helped some others. I've got at least 68 lbs. to lose to be healthy and I know it won't be easy because it seems I have no will power. Any suggestions or advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am new myself. I love the site. It makes it easy to see were you are with your food intake. Everyone is so supportive. I also need to lose at least 60 lbs to reach my projected BMI. Just stay with it. :happy:
    I'm glad that you are here.
  • michelle63
    Options
    Hi
    ya Im new too and have faith this site will work ... has to I have about 50 lbs to loose myself and have to do it for health reasons...just stick to it and if you have a bad day ... start tomorrow new again and forget about about that bad day.
  • lovinlife74
    Options
    Hey to everyone. As of yesterday, I am new as well. I also have at least 60 lbs to lose. Last year I quit my full time nursing job and subsequently gained 60 lbs. Yes, that is 60 lbs in ONE YEAR! I completely stopped moving. The funny thing is that I told myself that I was just "fat and happy". How funny is that, right??? Really, not so funny. So far I love this website and actually spent hours on it yesterday just browsing and reading the message boards. So in short...Good luck and if you need anything holler out! Congrats to you on wanting to make a change.
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best wishes sent to all of you as you begin your new journey. Truly this is a great site:flowerforyou: It has been so very helpful to me and I am blessed to have found it:happy: Dropping the weight I have so far has never been so easy:bigsmile:

Cheers and good luck to all:drinker:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This is a wonderful site!! Be sure to use all it has to offer! The food log, the exercise log & all the wonderful supportive people will keep you both accountable & motivated!!

Good luck! :drinker:
  • rachie13
    Options
    :sad: I am new to this site as well. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and with eating healthy and working out I have lost 3 pounds. I am very upset though because I thought I was doing the "right" thing by ordering a salad tonight for dinner at Friday's and it turns out that it had way more calories than my daily intake. I would have been better off getting the ribs or something. I am so upset because I haven't gotten even close to my calorie intake the whole 2 weeks. Please help me get past this. I have about 15-20 pounds to lose and have been trying for almost a year and I was so happy to finally see the pounds coming off. Slowly but surely. Any advice to make me less disappointed?
  • dinah1962
    Options
    Brush off your 1 bad day and remember you get a fresh start tomorrow. You've lost 3 lbs., keep remembering that you are doing it. :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone to MFP! This site is really great and has all the tools you need. So good luck on your weight loss journey and don't give up!
  • rachie13
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate that. What is something nutritional to eat at a place like Fridays?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck!

I hope this site helps you as much as it's helped me!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

Welcome and good luck post if you need us!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    Amy:bigsmile:

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I appreciate that. What is something nutritional to eat at a place like Fridays?

Look for their lighter dishes. Most restaurants try to cater to the dieting croud in some way. Look for half portions or a spot on the menu that is designed to be low-fat or calorie. This time chalk it up to a lesson and move on. We're beat up by others far too much to beat up on ourselves. Give yourself a hug and move on! :heart:
    Amy:bigsmile:

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    :sad: I am new to this site as well. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and with eating healthy and working out I have lost 3 pounds. I am very upset though because I thought I was doing the "right" thing by ordering a salad tonight for dinner at Friday's and it turns out that it had way more calories than my daily intake. I would have been better off getting the ribs or something. I am so upset because I haven't gotten even close to my calorie intake the whole 2 weeks. Please help me get past this. I have about 15-20 pounds to lose and have been trying for almost a year and I was so happy to finally see the pounds coming off. Slowly but surely. Any advice to make me less disappointed?

good job with the three lbs...we all will have setbacks, it's just a part of life. But look at the bright side, u lost 1.5 lbs a week which adds up when you do it consistantly...don't get discouraged....in the past 2 weeks, i've gained 6 pounds...feel better?:flowerforyou:
  • rachie13
    Options
    Thanks! I just didn't realize eating a salad with avocadoes and veggies with dressing on the side would be so bad... my sister is an avid runner, exercise nut, nutritionist etc.. and says avocado is a good fat to eat once and a while, and i don't eat it often at all....... compared to other restaurants they don't offer a big variety of dieter type foods...
    thank you for the support!! i need it!!
  • dragonladey
    Options
    Try going to chilies website or google nutrition fact for chilies and they usually show calorie counts and such. I did it for Applebees and found that a regular house salad with ranch and a bowl of chilie and an appitizer of chips and salsa was about 500 calories. The only other thing was the 9oz steak and veggies which was 615 calories. Try that before you go out and eat and it will help on your desisions!:flowerforyou: