Hi I just joined today.

Options
I joined after my mom told me about this site. She just started 3 days ago. This is my first day and hope it goes well. I am a single mom with two children. After having my children I gained a lot of weight and continued to gain more. I am tired of being over weight and I am ready for a change. I hope to meet new people and make good friends.

Replies

• jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    hi welcome to MFP , i really like this site and hope you will too :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You need to educate yourself on healthy eatiing. Look online for healthy recipes and watch processed and fast foods. If you go out to dinner make sure you make healthy choices. You can always ask to modify any thing on the menu. I do it and they never seem to mind. Only you can make your choices we can't do it for you. If you educate yourself you won't need anyones help. Just don't make excuses. Don't think you are going to lose all the weight you want in a week or two. Take your time and do it right. Don't listen to anyone tell you not to have this or that. It is about moderation and portion control. As long as you have the numbers in your goals you can have treats. If you have a bad day don't worry about that either, we all have them. Just learn what works for you and what doesn't. It's like a puzzle. I have made it my new hobby. My health. Again good luck.
  • Tlkt1969
    Tlkt1969 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome from all the success stories I have read and pictures I have seen this does work. For me I need to motivation and from this site I get it.
  • egilli
    egilli Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined yesterday. The site seems really easy to use and I love that I can use it on my SmartPhone too. I can't wait to see my progress!
  • wdayton
    wdayton Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, I just started a week ago and lost 4 lbs already. You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend. wdayton
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I really love this site and it helps me keep in line a lot. If you want to friend me you can. It helps to have people on here to lean on! :o)
  • RoseVernon
    RoseVernon Posts: 88
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. I hope this site is helpful for you!
  • no_kidding
    no_kidding Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my fitness pal .. you will love it as long as you are committed to it
  • shannaire
    shannaire Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome
    This is a good site good luck on your healthy journey of weight loose add me if u want x
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    hello, hope you enjoy the site, it's really been helping me.
  • Garae
    Garae Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!
  • marzymay
    marzymay Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck!
  • LizaMena
    LizaMena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's awesome site! You are gonna love it! It has helped me lots! I tried doing it on my own last 3wks or so without logging in....and it didn't work....So here I am! Welcome!
  • Rissa02
    Rissa02 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just want to say Thank You to everyone who has welcomed me. This site seems to be very helpful and is filled with encouraging people who want to help eachother reach there goals. I hope to reach my goals and hope to help encourage others.
  • ydeleon
    ydeleon Posts: 81
    Options
    This is a great site!! You'll all enjoy it. Feel free to add me ydeleon:happy:
  • haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to friend me.
  • marigoldcity
    Options
    This site is wonderful. It really makes you think about what you're eating. On Saturday I wanted fast food so badly. I wanted and I MEAN WANTED a Big Mac but I used the tracker and decided it wasn't worth the 700+ (not sure exactly now) calories so I ended up with something from Chick Fil A. It just makes you think. I myself am still struggling with getting my fat grams under control but I'm working on it.

Good lucky with your journey and feel free to friend me. Marigoldcity::happy:
  • pennyv73
    pennyv73 Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend