50+ lbs to lose?! Let's do it together!!!

Options
After a LONG break from mfp I have decided to jump back in. Looking for other like minded people to be friends with to help motivate each other along the way! I am a 32 year old mother from Canada. Not looking for the quick fix anymore. This time I don't care how long it takes... or if I end up fitting a size 6. I just want to look and feel healthy.
Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• liliangelb
    liliangelb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Recently just gained back a bunch of weight and I'm trying to start over again. I need all the help and support I can get.
  • salinibal
    salinibal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love to join this group. I am a 38 year old mom from California. I always find it very difficult to stay on a plan once I start it. Need lot of help and motivation. I promise I will log my intakes from tomorrow.
  • Scorpi017
    Scorpi017 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, would love to be part of this group. I am a 27 year old recent graduate from Canada, looking to lose 60-70lbs. I've been saying I'm going to lose weight and get fit since forever and honestly, I'm sick of my own lies! I am done with being overweight but I really need the support to help me stay on track. Now my career depends on my fitness level so I really need to do this. I think a group helping each other to stay on track and push each other is an excellent idea! Good luck to everyone!!
  • sarahclaybert
    sarahclaybert Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone :smiley: what are your plans today to keep yourself on track?
    Today I will be sure to drink lots of water.
    I have a big bag of grapes washed and waiting in the fridge for when I feel like snacking.
    And this evening I have my aquacize class at the pool.
    Oh. And of course I will journal everything! :wink:
  • sarahclaybert
    sarahclaybert Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How's everyone been doing?
  • shawnasdaboss72
    shawnasdaboss72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi There! I took a hiatus from MFP at the beginning of the year and despite continued workouts my lack of tracking has slowed down my weightloss. I'm excited to get some accountability and I look forward to meeting others on the same journey. I'm 43 and live in Illinois, lead a non-stop on the go life and meal planning time is a challenge. Welcome any ideas and suggestions.
  • MartialAngel
    MartialAngel Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Would love to join up with this group. I'm looking to lose 65-75 lbs total. Beginning with small goals to start out, my first one is set at 25 lbs. I'm a 25 (almost 26) year old stay at home mom of two beauties. I'm from Amarillo, TX and definitely looking for friends in the area that have similar goals to mine, or are at least trying to eat better or something and won't make it hard on me to stick with what I'm doing. :wink: My first day back at the gym is tomorrow. Pretty excited, but pretty nervous too..
  • sisijamison
    sisijamison Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yeah i want to lose 100+ ive tried everything on the past including some very desperate and unhealthy things.
  • Carlimac87
    Carlimac87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group! I'm 28 & in Scotland- I need to loose around 114lbs. I've joined a gym, acquired an activity tracker so that I meet a minimum amount of steps and I'm trying to get back into logging my food. Feel free to add me, I could do with some accountability!
  • MrsMclemore
    MrsMclemore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm restarting again looking to lose about 25lbs to start, but definitely have a lot more to go. Please add me I find it's much easier with friends and ppl going through it too
  • Anna12Michelle
    Anna12Michelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm just restarting with MFP and am serious about it this time. My end goal is to lose between 50-55 pounds but my initial goal is 10. I would love some motivation. Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other!
  • richmiller510
    richmiller510 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm restarting MFP as well. I have 80 lbs to lose. I'm 58 years old and have to lose for health reasons and for my self esteem! Any support and guidance would be great! Please add me so we can all support each other.
  • SatinDoll85
    SatinDoll85 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yeah i want to lose 100+ ive tried everything on the past including some very desperate and unhealthy things.

I have been there. I'm right with you! I finally admitted that I have an eating disorder and went to see a doctor about it a few weeks ago. I'm now on a sensible eating plan and trying my best to stay on track. I check back in with her in July so I'm hoping I can be down at least 20 pounds. You can do it though!
  • tgwrightsr
    tgwrightsr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4 days into a 200 lb journey. I am going to do Bariatric surgery but I have to loose 50 pounds just to qualify for the surgery.
  • HayleyAnne012911
    HayleyAnne012911 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I myself am just recently back on track after being diagnosed with diabetes, plus I have pcos. I have already lost over 100 pounds so any motivation would be great. Feel free to add me. Today I am 23 days soda free! :)
  • Mandeestrickland
    Mandeestrickland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 34 years old and starting again. I am a teacher and the mother of one 6 year old. I live in Arkansas. All together I would like to lose about 40 pounds but I'm trying to start small. Any ideas or tips would be great. I have seen and read so many different things...some saying eat this much protein, etc, etc...what do you think? What has worked for you?
  • tajifay7
    tajifay7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are using MFP to lose weight and be healthy. He has lost 23 lbs and I have lost 15 lbs since the beginning of April. My goal is to lose 50 lbs before I go back to the doctor at the end of August. I hope to be able to reduce my blood pressure medications. I would love to be part of this group.
  • dlcshan
    dlcshan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a 35yo stay at home mom. In the 10 days tracking on my own before starting MFP, I lost 7 pounds. In the past month while using MFP, I've lost another 10 pounds. My initial goal was to lose 27 overall (20 since starting MFP) by July 4 (3 months). I am well on my way to annihilating that goal which I attribute to mostly not eating back the calories from my 1+ mile per day walk. After reaching that 1st goal, my remaining goal will be to lose another 50-55 pounds depending on how I look and feel once I get there. So overall, 17 pounds lost and 60-65 left to go.

Besides the obvious scale number, I'm also looking to build up and tone my muscles (ignoring my ever-present ginormous calf muscles) and stay more active in general to bring and keep down my BP, cholesterol and liver enzymes (who knew a liver could be fat :tongue: ) while hopefully having more energy to just enjoy life instead of always being tired and not wanting to do anything active while encouraging my daughter to not get stuck in the same place I was for my whole life.
  • ponytail75
    ponytail75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Starting over after losing some weight in 2012 and then putting it all back on, and then a lot more. I have made a few weak attempts to gain control in the past few years but the bottom line is, I just keep gaining. I work 12 hour overnights and it is difficult to stay on track. I happened upon MFP and I'm motivated to make this time count by tracking and exercising. My goal is to lose 50-55 lbs and keep it off this time!
  • atxdavid
    atxdavid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all - Joining in here. I'm not "re-starting" MFP and/or my weight loss efforts (did that in February), but I seem to have a lot in common with folks here. I'm a 45yo consultant with 55 lbs to lose. That's partly motivated by vanity (who doesn't want to look good?) but also by blood pressure numbers that are creeping up and a family history of adult-onset diabetes.

Like (a lot of) the rest of you, this isn't the first time. I lost 60lbs about 16 years ago, and maintained a healthy weight for quite a while - almost 13 years. Starting about three years ago the travel and job stress began to take their toll, then a physical exam revealed the blood pressure numbers and served as a wake-up call to get serious.

Anyway, I'm looking for support and encouragement and am happy to offer the same. Please add me if you like!