Gained all my baby weight back

Options
Hi everyone I'm the mother of a wonderful little 3 month old baby boy and for a while i was doing fantastic lost 50lbs after giving birth. I went to my doctor today and found out I'm back at my original baby weight....304lbs. I could really use some motivation and mager support to help me because i thought i had been doing fantastic and to find out i was hurting myself was a major blow.
Thanks
Jenny

Replies

• Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I did great with not gaining much during me pregnancy and by my 2 week post appt I lost all but 3 pounds. After that is when things went to crap. Too tired to care about what I was eating, unable to exercise for a few months due to some delivery complications, the weight just piled on. So frustrating... I came back to MFP (was on before I was pregnant) and been working on getting back for a few months now.
    You can do this, that little guy will be great motivation to be healthy!
    Feel free to add me if you want :-)
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding? My lb is 3 months old too and I'm also now gaining weight after losing all pregnancy weight. I find that I'm starving all the time and have no self control. Every time he naps or feeds I reach for snacks.
    Congrats on your little boy btw x
  • m0n0fx
    m0n0fx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling to lose baby weight too, from my last 4 pregnancies lol. After my fourth I went down some but then went back up like you. I'm over a year postpartum and still looking pregnant, most of the weight seems to be stuck in my midsection. Add me if you want :)
  • MarissaBlevins220
    MarissaBlevins220 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My son is 3 months old tomorrow. I gained 60 pounds during the pregnancy and I recently got back to using MFP, I'm slowly making progress. Feel free to add me! We got this!
  • missarielbaby
    missarielbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 2 months. Looking for some motivated people in the same boat! My oldest is 4. I lost all that weight and then got pregnant again! Needless to say im breastfeeding and about to stop ( going back to work in a month and dont want to stress with pumping at my busy work) so i know my weight loss with slow down alot! Ive already lost 20 (after i left the hospital) and want to loose at least 20 more to be happy.
  • mamabearkrone
    mamabearkrone Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I gained about 50 pounds in my pregnancy which I was and still am upset at because I did so good until the last few weeks and just stuffed my face and used being pregnant as an excuse. After I had her I lost 20 pounds instantly. I got down to around 175 after having her I was 156 pre pregnancy well I know people say breastfeeding makes you lose weight all it made me was hungry constantly and I couldn't stop eating I just weaned her at 11 months and started my weightloss journey about two weeks ago I started at 186 I'm 180 now. Now that she's not attached to me constantly I have more time to think about myself and my appetite has dropped significantly. Good luck on your journey! It's not easy but worth it in the end.
  • jbain0107
    jbain0107 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just hit the one year mark after baby #2....struggling with those final 10-15 pounds for months. Looking for support!
  • jadetaylor1992
    jadetaylor1992 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in same boat gained 2stone after having my son! Just want to get back to what I was before if I can
  • hollarach
    hollarach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience to a lot of the mommas on here. I dropped 30lbs right after my babe was born but gained 12lbs when I stopped breastfeeding. (I'm not sure how much weight I gained during pregnancy but it was around 70lbs) Breastfeeding does make you hungry all the time and I had a hard time adjusting back to a normal diet. I've been using MFP consistently for a couple of months now. It's hard to find the time with a little one but it has really helped me to gain some confidence back and I know I'm making fitness choices that will stick.
    Any of you mommas feel free to add me.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    My baby is about 3 1/2 months and although I lost right after she was born the weight has strarted creeping back on and I'm close to what I weighed when I gave birth :( I'm looking for friends to keep me accountable so please add me!
  • sdoubet
    sdoubet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just had my 5th child. Looking to have some accountability with eating for now...he is 3 weeks old. Hope to start exercising at 6 weeks...gonna take hard work and accountability to lose 40 lbs. I am breadtfeeding too, trying to figure out what a good calorie goal is to maintain milk supply. Feel free to add me, can use all the accountability I can get!!! Lets do this!
  • Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll. I'm a mom of 2. Ella (6) and Will (2.5). I've been down the weight loss road before. But I'm finding it incredibly more difficult this time around. I had a great start about a year ago, but I've managed to gain it all back. I feel pretty spread thin, and struggle to make nutrition planning and working out a priority. I love my life, but I don't love how I look in it. I'm hoping to lose about 30 lbs. please feel free to add me! I love support.. Most of all from other momma's
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm a mom to a (almost) 4 month old. I was down to my pre preggo weight a few weeks after birth but then i gained about 16lbs after that. So before I got married I was at 190. I am 5'7 and i was comfortable there. Post marriage with a husband who loves going out to eat, I was 230. Now, after baby I am 248. I wasn't able to breastfeed but was working a nightshift rotation which makes weight gain so much easier.

Currently trying to track my calories and regain some control. I welcome any Friend requests from other mommys :smiley:
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Come and join us in this post partum group where we can motivate and encourage each other and do a weekly weigh in.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum