Binged on 10,000 cal today. It's hard to stop

Options
Despite wanting to fit into my clothes and have a healthy body I can't stop binging.ill never have my fit body back by this summer so I keep binging.

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    You won't if you keep binging, that's guaranteed. It may be a slow process, but it can happen if you stay consistent. Good luck! xo
  • momof4jems
    momof4jems Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just take it one day at a time. You can do anything for a day, just tell yourself that today just today you are going to eat healthy. Then tomorrow when you wake up tell yourself that same thing, pretty soon days will turn into weeks! You can do it!!! It sounds like you have done it before so you can do it again!!
  • rlytle70
    rlytle70 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Consistency is everything!
    But it doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself from time to time. Allow yourself treats here in there and it should really help avoid the binging.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Do you know what sets you off? When a binge starts? What else in life is going on?
  • Racheldasilva174
    Racheldasilva174 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You won't if you keep binging, that's guaranteed. It may be a slow process, but it can happen if you stay consistent. Good luck! xo

What holds me back is the pressure to lose weight for summer. I'll try!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nancybuss wrote: »
    Do you know what sets you off? When a binge starts? What else in life is going on?

This is what I was going to ask. You have to address the underlying issue in order to get control.
  • Racheldasilva174
    Options
    rlytle70 wrote: »
    Consistency is everything!
    But it doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself from time to time. Allow yourself treats here in there and it should really help avoid the binging.

That's true! Thank you
  • Racheldasilva174
    Options

What sets me off is it I eat something "bad" I feel like I ruined my whole day of eating healthy for weight loss so I just binge the rest of the day as I messed up already
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

What sets me off is it I eat something "bad" I feel like I ruined my whole day of eating healthy for weight loss so I just binge the rest of the day as I messed up already

Ah, the trap of the "all or nothing" mindset. Work on getting rid of that! It is of NO benefit whatsoever.

Someone gave me this example a long time ago and it's always stuck with me: if you get a speeding ticket on the way to work in the morning do you then just disregard all traffic laws the rest of the day? No, so then so what if you eat something that wasn't exactly on plan for the day? Eat less later or eat according to what you had planned for the rest of the day. If you stop letting those "slip-ups" take control over you you will soon realize that YOU have control over food; not the other way around.
  • DennisA70
    DennisA70 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I can highly recommend making a meal plan (for the week) and that should give you an idea of where you are with your calorie intake. If stuff happens... and it will... you can adjust the plan for the day (or the week).
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Finding peace in the process is not easy, in fact it will be something I fight every day. "Why deny myself so much that I love if it's not going to make a huge difference quickly?" But you have to allow time for the process. It's not black and white, there is a lot of guess work and trying and failing and trying again. You have to be okay with doing your best, and your best will grow over time. One day your best might be stopping your binge at 5000 calories and that's a victory for that day. Next day maybe your best is eating normally and not eating uncontrollably. Then as you grow comfortable with changes you start sticking to a calorie goal. Some days you will still go over, but you learn and you grow more confident in yourself and eventually you look back and you lost the weight.

Small changes will add up, but the key is deciding to do it and then always trying your very best.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

What holds me back is the pressure to lose weight for summer. I'll try!

Summer is going to get here regardless, so trying is all we can ask for! Try EVERY day!!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I know that we've talked before and you're on a waiting list to see someone about your binge eating, but have you considered that trying to lose weight while you're still working on your binge eating issues might be too much at once? You have a fairly aggressive weight loss goal as I recall, which also means you're likely at a steeper calorie deficit -- which can do all kinds of crazy things to your emotional centers if you're not careful -- and the stress of it all seems to be making the bingeing worse instead of better. You may need to step back and reconsider your priorities.

When I was habitually binge eating, what really helped me was actually slowing the diet down and eating a few hundred more calories a day as well as working in more treats and relaxing my goals so that one off day here and there didn't throw me into a tailspin.

Very well said!
  • bigbmudgirl
    bigbmudgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try a food journal. I write everything down. Even how I feel before and after. Then when I see a trend of binging, I go back and see what happened that day or how I was feeling at that time. I learned how stress really is a big reason. Why I binge. And what helps me not to binge is to distract myself. Like I walk, or ride my bike, or just call a friend.
  • AndyJBacon
    AndyJBacon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Stop giving a crap about summer. Or even weight or binges. It's May. There's nothing you can do in a month that will get you fit by summer. All you can do is slow and steady improvement. Take the pressure off and focus on small goals. Lose a pound this week. Do that and have some ice cream. Lose another pound the next week. Have some cookies. Repeat.
  • angsundliebe
    angsundliebe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If theres really no way of getting to a certain weight for summer let that go dont make that the determining factor of getting you weight and health together. Make it a life goal that you can look better than you do by the summer and thats a start and that by next summer youll be a completely different person. I did the same thing with hopes of a summer bod and let myself get discouraged a couple days when i realized that it wasnt happening but i took a look at myself and realized this is bigger than a summer body. This is something that no matter how long it takea will improve my entire life overall for every summer even if i have to skip being in shape for just this one. Make yourself accountable. And really surround yourself with motivation and a good support system. Im here if you need! Good luck and remember that you absolutely can do this. Dont give yourself a reason to think you cant.