Gfuel work ok aswell
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Crystalized ginger for the nausea.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Not diet friendly, but I've always found Gatorade and a fried egg & cheese sammich to do the trick.

• roadrunner676
    roadrunner676 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you are going to drink, watch what you drink. Try not to mix drink families. For example, if you start with beer, stay with beer, don't change to wine or liquor. If you start with liquor, stay with liquor, etc... Red wines are more prone to deliver hangovers than whites and blushes. Dark liquors are more prone to hangovers than clear. Avoid mixed drinks with carbonated mixers, i.e. Jack and Coke. You would be far better off with vodka and OJ. If it's going to be tequila, drink clear tequila, the best they have on the shelf. Cheap tequila is bad.

Before you go to bed, if you have not eaten, eat. Just toast, whatever, get something in your stomach. Then, drink as much water as you can force into yourself, along with a couple of Tylenol or Ibuprofen.

There is really no way to fix a hangover, but these hints will minimize them. I drank for over 30 years, this is what I know. I don't drink any more, that's a pretty good way to avoid hangovers too.
  • gnarlykickflip
    gnarlykickflip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Avoid mixed drinks with carbonated mixers, i.e. Jack and Coke. You would be far better off with vodka and OJ.

What makes juice better than coke? I always thought it was the sugar content in mixers that helped process the alcohol, so wouldn't (non-diet) soda work just as well?
  • SecretWeaponKevin
    SecretWeaponKevin Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and take a multivitamin.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    WATER
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hangover Cure: Bloody Beer
    Start with a V8. Add in half of a cheap beer. Drink it down...it's actually not that bad.
    Now grab another V8 and add in the other half of the cheap beer. Should go down a bit smoother.
    Time for another V8 but this time add a full cheap beer.
    Next, use only half of a V8 and a full cheap beer.
    Now it's time to throw the other half of the V8 out and slam another cheap beer.

By this time, your hangover should be cured and you're ready for the next party.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    LexiM1028 wrote: »
    I'm still hungover and feel awful. I've tried everything. I've drank tons of water. I've gone to the gym. Does anyone have any recommendations??

May i suggest Dioralytes.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Dont drink lots of water. Sip water. Drinking lots at once can upset your stomach.
  • MrsJenniferLynn
    MrsJenniferLynn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey this will help. Before going to bed drink water like a pint. Also take a painkiller that's not rough on your tummy. Toast and I cant stress enough don't smoke it makes it worse and also don't go to bed later than 12 latest 1. But there is no cure for a hangover. Your body is trying to repair what happened to it.
  • roadrunner676
    Options
    Avoid mixed drinks with carbonated mixers, i.e. Jack and Coke. You would be far better off with vodka and OJ.

What makes juice better than coke? I always thought it was the sugar content in mixers that helped process the alcohol, so wouldn't (non-diet) soda work just as well?

The carbonation acts as a carrier for alcohol to be more readily absorbed in the stomach.
  • roadrunner676
    Options
    I was thinking about the OP's question, and it's worth mentioning that people can be allergic to components or ingredients in beer, wine and liquor. A reaction can feel a lot like a hangover.

On a slightly different note, a good strategy can be to intermix alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. For example, make the first drink cranberry juice and vodka, make the second one just cranberry juice, the third with vodka, the fourth without, etc... It is cheaper, discrete, and you will feel better later.
  • LexiM1028
    LexiM1028 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hangover Cure: Bloody Beer
    Start with a V8. Add in half of a cheap beer. Drink it down...it's actually not that bad.
    Now grab another V8 and add in the other half of the cheap beer. Should go down a bit smoother.
    Time for another V8 but this time add a full cheap beer.
    Next, use only half of a V8 and a full cheap beer.
    Now it's time to throw the other half of the V8 out and slam another cheap beer.

By this time, your hangover should be cured and you're ready for the next party.

Haha my hangover is gone but idk bout the next party hahaha
  • LexiM1028
    LexiM1028 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me

Haha good to know

• fieldyvon
    fieldyvon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Irn bru & McDonald's chips
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    This simple 12 step solution always helps me. I think this is what you really need.
    ♫♫
    1.You put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot'up
    2.Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot' up
    3.Put the lime in the coconut, you drink 'em bot' up
    4.Put the lime in the coconut, you're such a silly woman
    ♫♫
    5.Put a lime in the coconut and drink 'em bot' together
    6.Put the lime in the coconut, then you'll feel better
    7.Put the lime in the coconut, drink 'em both down
    8.Put the lime in your coconut, and call me in the morning
    ♫♫
    9.Woo-oo-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh
    10.Woo-oo-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh
    11.Woo-oo-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh
    12. ooh-ooh-ooh
    ♫♫
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to say it, but a McDonald's coke and french fries is the best hangover cure known to man. It has to be McDonald's - Jack in the Box, Burger King, and Whataburger all fall short (and I've tried them all). This is annoying because for the most part, McD's fries are unavailable until 11:00 a.m., and no, the McD's hash browns are not as effective (although they'll help).

I don't know what kind of crazy, magical mojo they're putting in there, but it works every single time.
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    32 oz Gatorade and a sandwich
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If your sugar feels low eat a sweet or something