Hungry ..is an understatement!

Options
Kopci
Kopci Posts: 4 Member
logging my food.. eating about 2000 +calories a day. Not loosing lbs but a few inches -working out 3 to 4 days a week. Now limited to 1400 a day & Healthy food. Now starving! Want to eat junk food - which I never craved before..what is happening?

Replies

• WorldTravellerGirl
    WorldTravellerGirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I drink a ton of sparkling water. I like pink grapefruit flavor the best. The burn from the effervescence is satisfying and the gassiness fills your stomach. Just a tip
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Maybe don't reduce your calories by 600.....seems a little excessive, especially if you're seeing results in mirror/ measurements
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Add more fat. You won't die of CVD.
    Remember exercise makes you hungry, not healthy.
  • Kopci
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses.. I'm not giving up .. a bad day of trying is still better than doing nothing!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Why did your calories go from 2000+ per day to only 1400? What does MFP say you should be eating? Are you eating back any of your exercise calories? It sounds like your deficit is too large and you need to eat more.
    Add more fat. You won't die of CVD.
    Remember exercise makes you hungry, not healthy.

Are you really saying that exercise isn't healthy??
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Kopci wrote: »
    Now starving! Want to eat junk food - which I never craved before..what is happening?

This is why you're starving.
    eating about 2000 +calories a day. Now limited to 1400 a day

• ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »

Are you really saying that exercise isn't healthy??

No, it's more a general push towards the fact that exercise makes you hungry and it's equally if not more important to refuel correctly than to work out.
  • triddering
    triddering Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    logging my food.. eating about 2000 +calories a day. Not loosing lbs but a few inches -working out 3 to 4 days a week. Now limited to 1400 a day & Healthy food. Now starving! Want to eat junk food - which I never craved before..what is happening?

I have found that I can keep hunger under control if I eat leaner on carbs and more protein. I am a woman at 167 lbs now. If I eat less than 90 get protein in the day, I am starving by afternoon or evening. I also eat foods with protein more frequently too. Determine your BMR, figure out the calories that you should be at for the deficit you need and ensure you maximize the protein from those calories. That has worked for me ... 98 lbs down in a year!
  • luicaralex
    luicaralex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been using my pal for a couple of weeks now and I can only eat 1400 its hard I can't seem to stay in that calorie range it seems like Im always hungry.
  • WalkingQueen1979
    WalkingQueen1979 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I hear you I do 1600 calories a day because personally 1200-1400 is too low and unrealistic for me. I let myself eat a little junk like a mini bag of chips sometimes. I like those granola bars and crackers w the cheese in the center that helps me. I also do yogurt for dessert it's sweet but good for you. Keep going you can do it. Its hard for me at night but I keep reminding myself of my progress and how good I'm doing and I don't want to mess that up.
  • jaz1993x
    jaz1993x Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try total yogurts 0% fat you can get them at asda with a side of fruit I. E blueberries was my fav (looks a bit like a mulla yougurt) it's So..... good and high in protein ☺
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    How many calories does MFP give you when you set your goals to 1/2 pound a week? Eat those. :)
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options

You went from 2000+kcal a day, dropped too 1400kcal and wonder why your hungry? Its maybe due to the fact your starving your body of over 600kcal..
    Did you stagger the 600kcal cut or did you just simple say one day I'm going to eat 1400kcal?
    It sounds like you had a healthy sustainable diet then up rooted it because you weren't happy with the scales?
  • Kopci
    Options
    yes - was trying to drop lbs..1400 was the number from MFP. Added some calories back in .. feel better..usually get 300/500 calories back on exercise days. So thinking the leaner protein is a good idea. Thanks!