losing weight for pcos

Options
Hi, I'm a 22 year old, female. Just trying to eat better, and lose weight to help my pcos, I am currently on metformin. Starting to eat healthy and begining to walk on the tredmeal everyday. It will be a big change for me so I know it's going to be hard, so I'm hopeful to find someone who can help me, or we help eachother. I also have narcolepsy, so my sleep and eating schedual is not on track at all. It makes me tired all day so it's hard to get motivated plus being overweight does not help at all. To add anouther thing to the list, I have pretty bad social anxitey, so I only go out of the house only once or twice a month at the most. I dont go outside at all. Trying to get the house orginized and throwing out all the bad food,meal planning and prepping, food containers, pre made snacks. Ugghh it's enough to make me stressed! so any help, I will take.

Replies

• WorldTravellerGirl
    WorldTravellerGirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We see results slower than others but don't compare yourself to what others are doing or can do. Remember to focus on being healthy and strong. Its empowering!
  • HayleyAnne012911
    HayleyAnne012911 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can do it! As a fellow PCOS and diabetic, cut out soda, sugar, and really fatty carbs like pastas, bread, rice. If you still want those just replace them with healthier options like brown rice, whole grain pasta, whole grain bread etc. Basically avoid the processed foods. All natural is better for you and you'll notice your energy increase. :) I used to fall asleep on my drives to work almost everyday it was that bad. Now I'm energized and singing my heart out to the radio. What do you do for a living? Have you seen a dr for meds to try to help your anxiety? Stress itself can cause weight gain. I've about been through it all so message me if you need to talk. I'm 23 so I know how it feels to be young and overweight. I used to weigh 425 pounds.
  • hbk225522
    hbk225522 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I replaced all my breads, rice, pasta and cereals already and cut out soda. The really hard part is the sugar, pretty much addicted, gonna try some sweetners though. I am unemployed, and I just got switched to prozac, so we'll see how that goes. Btw my name is Hayley too, selt the same way and everything, wierd right! anyways thanks for the support. If you got any good recipies do share.