Peanut Butter

I am so mad at myself for overindulging in PB this morning. I was in a hurry and just slathered some PB in one of my little containers for breakfast and ate while doing my morning report. Before I knew it, I ate 4 ounces of PB on my banana. That's 765 CAL. I just want to cry. I ruined my day before it even started. :(

Replies

• cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    It's not ruined, just make adjustments and do the best you can! Log it and move on.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    You have made me hungry for PB now.....
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    I am so mad at myself for overindulging in PB this morning. I was in a hurry and just slathered some PB in one of my little containers for breakfast and ate while doing my morning report. Before I knew it, I ate 4 ounces of PB on my banana. That's 765 CAL. I just want to cry. I ruined my day before it even started. :(

You must have needed the protein and I really have noticed that I crave peanut butter a lot since on my weight loss journey. The way I look at it is that instead you could have eaten those calories in a different way such as a big piece of cake with frosting! Pb is so much healthier for you so don't beat yourself up over this. I think more people need pb in their life, lol!
  • jakkrk
    jakkrk Posts: 54 Member
    Was it at least 'good' PB?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Walk on your lunch break and again after work - make the time to work some of it off- reduce the portions of everything else you eat today and maybe tomorrow to spread it out. You've spilled the milk, now clean it up.

You can do this. I had to skip dinner a few weeks ago because my husband brought me home a frappe. It was a sweet gesture and he didn't realize my boss had brought us all ice cream already. (maybe I should blame boss not hubby.)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    It's OK. Just eat at maintenance for today. Don't use it as an excuse to overeat for the rest of the day.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Mmmm, peanut butter, if it's any consolation I used to sit and eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon. Waaay more than what you had!! Sometimes still do. Such is life, tomorrow is another day. You can be good then! o:)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Woah, I'm impressed! When I do have peanut butter on my banana, it's literally like 8-12 grams. I eat it very slowly and enjoy every second. But it's so calorie dense, so I keep it to a minimum. I'm kinda jealous!
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    PB2 AND PB2 Chocolate are my go to. Love it on my fruit and in my shakes.
  • jonicalifornia
    jonicalifornia Posts: 16 Member
    PB 2 is awesome. Kind of like astronaut food.
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    If it helps, my post workout lunch was a single slice of whole grain bread and a tablespoon of PB.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    +1 on PB2 suggestions
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Go out today and buy PBFit or PB2!

Costco is selling Fit now, $12 for a huge tub.
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    Don't beat yourself up. Some days we eat more, other days we eat less. Stay the course. Focus on the next minute, hour, day. You don't have to be perfect to lose weight. :)
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    I just ended my "good day" with satisfying my PB craving. I didn't know were the craving came from but I tried to eat another snack to help but still Had the craving. I gave in and moved on.
    The PB2 is great in my shakes but not the same with toast.
    Just remember in the future to measure PB when eating it with banana, learn from this!
  • kylegeldmaker
    kylegeldmaker Posts: 21 Member
    Pbfit is fantastic. I make mine with chocolate almond milk and cinnamon. It's yummy. 2tbsp is 50 calories (with water).
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I'd like to try PB2 or something similar, but it's expensive (I'm not in the US).
    I did see peanut flour in the asian supermarket a while ago. Is that likely to be the same thing under another name?