Dinner thread!

Options
Binkiexo
Binkiexo Posts: 13 Member
Hi guys!

I need some inspiration for dinners! Was thinking maybe we could get a little dinner thread going? Post what you had for dinner (and maybe even a recipe!)

Go for it! :D x

Replies

• Binkiexo
    Options
    Tonight I had One Pot Lemon and Spinach Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I won't eat dinner for another hour or two, but I've got the age old dilema...leftover chicken...what will the kids actually eat. I thought tacos, but my 5 year old refuses to eat tacos on any day but Tuesdays. That kid is so weird....maybe chicken quesedillas.....hmm....jury's out still.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    How do you make One Pot Lemon and Spinach Pasta? Sounds delicious!

I had Brussels sprouts quesadillas. The filling is chopped sprouts and jalapenos roasted in EVOO with S&P. Brush the tortillas with EVOO (this is less oil than coating the pan), fill with the sprouts/jalapenos mixture, and sprinkle with shredded cheese of your choice. Fold over and heat in a skillet. Serve with salsa and guacamole/sliced avocado. I like this combo because the sprouts hold up well- I personally don't like overcooked/soggy vegetables in my meals!
  • Binkiexo
    Options
    How do you make One Pot Lemon and Spinach Pasta? Sounds delicious!

I had Brussels sprouts quesadillas. The filling is chopped sprouts and jalapenos roasted in EVOO with S&P. Brush the tortillas with EVOO (this is less oil than coating the pan), fill with the sprouts/jalapenos mixture, and sprinkle with shredded cheese of your choice. Fold over and heat in a skillet. Serve with salsa and guacamole/sliced avocado. I like this combo because the sprouts hold up well- I personally don't like overcooked/soggy vegetables in my meals!

That sounds amazing! What is evoo? And here's the recipe for the one pot pasta! So tasty and so easy:
    http://www.makingthymeforhealth.com/one-pot-lemon-pasta-greens-sundried-tomatoes/
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil :) Thanks for the link!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork chops (I just put some rub on them) with roasted butternut squash and roasted broccoli. Boring but I didn't have a lot of calories left!
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's just me and the kids tonight so they're having cheese quesadillas and I'm having the last bit of leftover steak in a gigantic steak taco salad with microwaved tortilla chips. I marinated the steaks in some worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, thyme, and garlic and grilled them, and this is the method I use for the chips :)

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/05/microwave-tortilla-chips/
  • Binkiexo
    Options
    Linzon wrote: »
    It's just me and the kids tonight so they're having cheese quesadillas and I'm having the last bit of leftover steak in a gigantic steak taco salad with microwaved tortilla chips. I marinated the steaks in some worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, thyme, and garlic and grilled them, and this is the method I use for the chips :)

That sounds amazing! Will deffo be trying this soon:D what goes in the salad?
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm having whole 30 pulled pork (from the website) with mashed sweet potatoes and coleslaw - it's leftover from monday and I am tired. My hubby will probably eat the same and the kids will eat pulled pork quesadillas.
    Tomorrow night we're having chicken fajitas and Friday night is buffalo chicken tenders with roasted brussel sprouts and watermelon.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Binkiexo wrote: »
    Linzon wrote: »

That sounds amazing! Will deffo be trying this soon:D what goes in the salad?

Tonight it's shredded spinach, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, salsa, pickled jalapenos, steak, and hot sauce. I'd also add guacamole and yogurt if I had them but sadly I do not.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    I made white fiber shells with homemade Alfredo, lightly breaded chicken chunks (from the freezer) and Caesar salad. I am sure the husband and kids loved it but I had to leave early for work :neutral:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
  • bkinsey1979
    bkinsey1979 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I made sheet pan chicken fajitas and had it over brown rice instead of tortillas. Chicken tenders, bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, onions seasoned w/garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, and baked instead of sauteed (hence sheet pan).
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Balsamic chicken thighs http://www.budgetbytes.com/2015/03/balsamic-chicken-thighs/
    Kids and DH love this recipe. I think it could use more spice so add a bit of sriracha to my plate. Served with white rice and sesame spinach.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Tonight is salmon poached in lemon juice with a touch of butter on top and garlic, dill, S&P. And sweet potato medallions with EVOO and maybe 1/4 tsp sugar. Had just enough calories left over for a glass of wine. Gotta love CICO!
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Half a chicken breast stuffed with pepperoni and Monterrey jack cheese with roasted cauliflower topped with Parmesan cheese.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I cooked this the other night:j4ekpecm61h3.jpg
    It's a baked mac and cheese-style dish using penne noodles, leftover rotesserie chicken, cheddar, Munster, parmesan, a ton of veggies, and some panko breadcrumbs. I couldn't eat it (lactose intolerance sucks!), but the family loved it.
  • alexandriamccann26
    alexandriamccann26 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Made chicken quesidillas last night. I make the chicken in the crockpot w a package of taco seasoning and rotel. Drain and shred and add some taco sauce. Preheat oven to 400. Take a baking sheet. Spray tortilla with cooking spray and put on baking sheet. Top w cheese then add chicken. I usually top that with diced red onion and Bell peppers. Then top w more cheese. Top w another tortilla and spray w cooking spray. Bake for 6 min. Flip and bake another 6 min.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It was the same old crude stir-fry of vegetables, with salmon, beans, and rice.