35+ 5'8"+ Motivation and Support!

Options
nkb617
nkb617 Posts: 10 Member
hi folks, just wanted to make a thread for people like myself, who just seemed to have lost their way and eaten through everything and beyond! There are a variety reasons for me - I am PCOS and I have been dealing with infertility issues for the last 4 years, with lots of IUIs and my first IVF a month ago (it was negative, but I have 8 more on ice!). Anyhow, I want to get back into shape, where I was before I started doing fertility treatments, which was around 160 - 170ish. So that means about 35-45 lbs of weight loss, which sounds like a lot, but I know that I can do it, because I've done it before!

However, this time, it seems to be the hardest! I don't know if its because I am doing the fertility treatments, or if I'm just lazy, etc., but I need to lose the weight NOW! Trying to do it the healthy way, but been struggling to get on that bus. Anyone out there for us to commiserate together? And get moving!!

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i'm about the same height with the same goals and pcos as well. if you want, add me as a friend. :)
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    38 here 5'9 1/2 single mom feel free to add me
  • travelgrl19
    travelgrl19 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    38 and a newish mommy courtesy of IVF after trying unsuccessfully for a couple years. Trying to lose the mommy weight. I feel like I'm constantly hungry so trying to get my eating under control by logging it and hitting the treadmill.
  • travelgrl19
    travelgrl19 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well
  • WorldTravellerGirl
    WorldTravellerGirl Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm about to turn 40 in July. I have PCOS, Hypothyroidism and mitralvalve prolapse. I'm in it with you all!! I'm 5'7.5" and medium build. I'm struggling to admit I'm 145. I just finished the whole 30 and I run 4 miles every other day. I love Jillian Michaels workouts too
  • bkinsey1979
    bkinsey1979 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My weight is much higher than yours but I've been struggling with PCOS symptoms that aren't really PCOS per lab results, and basically advised to lose weight if I want to ovulate again. 40 lbs down, still not a great deal of improvement hormonally, but I've half give up on the idea of a second child so the urgency isn't so emotions - based for me anymore. I'd be happy to cheer you on though and cross my fingers for your IVF success.
  • dwatson925
    dwatson925 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and 6'4". Lost 50 lbs but had to stop since had gall bladder surgery. Can't wait to start again!
  • nkb617
    nkb617 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thank you for your support, everyone! feeling better today, i'm already seeing results just from using MFP for two days. i can't imagine how much mindless eating i was doing, if i'm so careful about my calories now! i'm trying to do keto as much as possible, which also helps PCOS. i'm struggling to eat a lot of protein, so I gotta think about that more in the future.