:(

Options
Stupid hormones and stupid pre-period bloat and all around ickyness. I'm feeling super bummed today and like a big ol bloaty piggy. I know it's because of hormones but I just needed to vent and get it out. I wanted to go to the beach but the sun went away just as I was leaving so now I'm sitting in my living room a depressed lump. And also I've been working to get my weight off for 3 months and my friend who just started less than a month ago has already surpassed my loss. Sometimes it doesn't seem fair that people's bodies react so differently. I've always been a super slow loser and she just drops it like crazy as soon as she starts trying. Normally it wouldn't bother me but I'm feeling blue and discouraged. I don't want to eat anything bad or anything but I'm just bummed. Anyone else feeling this way? Grateful for this community and a place to vent.

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Vent away my dear! I am there with ya. I haven't lost in a long time..then I've gain last week due to stupid TOM! Vent away!:flowerforyou: :explode:
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the bloatedness that time of month!!! I get fierce moody too and sad, then moody again!!!

Yeah my mates are all skinny minnies, they have no idea what being overweight and struggling with sodding Battle of the Bulge is like - seriously none!!!

Bless, you're just having a rubbish day. Maybe find a fun film to watch, or when I felt blue earlier I listened to the Spice Girls, they cheered me right up!!!!

Tomorrow is another day and you'll probably feel better then!!!!

Hang in there

xx
  • UselesslyMedicated
    UselesslyMedicated Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awww Mfreeby =(, Its SO hard when people around you are loosing weight fast when your body does it slowly but the slower you loose it, the more likely you are to keep it off plus is much healthier. I lost 3 1/2 st 4 years ago but have put it all back on AND more so am having to pluck up the courage to try again and I hope I will. You can do it and if you want to chat anytime, feel free to add me =)
    Hannah
    Xxx
  • monicabellini
    Options
    Hormones are pesky! Maybe try to think that it's normal to feel this way and that you wont always feel like this- it will pass, just be kind to yourself. It's hard when other people seem to be making more progress, but you know what? however frustrating, the slow and steady weight loss is a good sign it may well mean it stays off. This journey is a slow and steady affair- Just keep going!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Right there with you!!! Bloaty, restless...Stupid TOM. Don't let it get you down!!!! I keep trying to remember--it's only one week, give or take a few days of PMS.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sister! I'm having some hormonal issues too. My problem is I have been ravenous for the past week or so. I don't know if it's my metabolism, my TOM about to be here or pre-menopause. It's making me crazy because my routine (food/exercise) hasn't really changed, I just can't get enough food. UGH!
  • fenix1976
    fenix1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awww mate! hugs to you!