Non-dairy

Options
kalehew
kalehew Posts: 1 Member
so very very many breakfast ideas and other recipes call for yogurt because its such a great diet ingredient apparently ..... well, I am lactose intolerant and its hard to find lactose free yogurt here. Also, for medical reasons I cannot have soy either.
I need recipe suggestions, please!

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Anything with eggs.
  • Hibaby279
    Hibaby279 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is vegan yogurt witch consists of coconut milk or almond milk, add some granola in it and its delicious.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Waffles
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with nut butter.
  • smariba
    smariba Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant too. My local grocery store just stopped carrying lactose free yogurt. I use avocado as a spread, in place of mayonnaise or butter. I do use lactaid milk.
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am completely dairy free. I do eggs. When I feel like I need a change, I will do a spinach egg scramble or a bell pepper and onion scramble. I also do oatmeal, but rarely. It is possible to make almond milk pancakes, but I am not doing carbs so I don't make them anymore. Hope that helps!!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    i'm lactose intolerant, but i take lactaid, and it works well for me.

almond milk can be used to make oats or grits, as can rice milk or other milk subs like that.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    SO Delicious makes a delicious unsweetened coconut milk yogurt. They have really good sweetened ones too, but I mostly save those to use as desserts.

Also, eggs are wonderful breakfast foods. As are pancakes. And bacon. Bacon is dairy free.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    There's no rule that says you can only eat "breakfast foods" in the morning.
    Soup, leftovers, toast and avocado, fritters (eg corn and zucchini fritters with a cherry tomato salsa) all feature on the "breakfast" menu at my house from time to time.
    Or you could have a smoothie made with with fruit and nuts and oatmeal instead of a milk base. Or cereal with almond or other nut milk (personally I'm not a big fan of almond milk, I don't really like the taste and it's ridiculously overpriced).
    Chia pudding can be made with just about anything - I've just eaten an afternoon snack with only three ingredients: pistachios, chia seeds and water. Add some fruit and you'd get a nice rounded breakfast.