Looking for people to motivate me.....help!

Options
:smile: Hi! my name is Amy! I am 33 and looking for friends who are willing to help keep me motivated on my journey. My goal is to lose about 55 pounds. This past Spring I lost 15 but gained 5 of it back. Now I am having trouble getting motivated to exercise. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy!!
  • sabulla
    sabulla Posts: 58
    Options
    I love this web site. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet. It'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and so far I've lost 8 lbs. I'm sticking to it as good as I can. I usually have a splurge day 1 day through the week. Other than that I am able to eat 1200 calories and exercise about 1 hr total daily. I jump rope for about 10 min, ride the exercise bike at work after/before hours for 20-30 min and walk on my treadmill for 30-45 min after/before work. This website is so easy to operate. Good luck! If you need anything plz dont hesitate 2 ask. Good Luck!!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    Nice name..that's my oldest daughter's name :wink:
    It can be hard to stay motivated, what with all of the
    food ads and whatnot, but this is a great site to keep
    you motivated, wonderful people here to lend support!

Please feel free to add me and good luck!! :)
  • marzymay
    marzymay Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • Jaselygirl
    Jaselygirl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy! The best thing I did for my weightloss is join MFP and use it constantly. It has helped me lose a lot of weight. :)
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We all need motivation, but the greatest motivation come from deep within! Others can motivate you but its useless if you cant motivate yourself and that wastes other ppl time. Try looking in the mirror at yourself... Do you like what you see???? No? Well that's all the motivation you need my MFP sister!! Yes, you do like what you see??? Well you can always make it better!!! Either way you should be motivated when it comes to your health, ....you can always make it better!!! I can help you as for as giving you some pointers if you like........." BEAST MODE ".. ALL DAY, EVERYDAY!!!!
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Becareful how u post that I wrote the same thong and a group or people came to my home and chase me with a knife...well it worked I lost 37 lbs....so add me as a friend and we will be over to motivate you...
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! You can do this girl!! Just try as hard as you can to stick to the program b/c it works. Some days you may fall off the wagon and eat like there's no tomorrow, but just get back at it the next day and you will be fine. There are so many awesome supporting people on here and you'll find you look forward to seeing their weight loss results each week....and once you see your number going down on the scale that is a huge motivator to keep going!! You can add me as a friend for extra support.
  • ACook42
    ACook42 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Amy,
    Hello, I too have been fighting the lbs. I lost about 60 lbs in 2004 and have seemed to put back 40 of it over the last 5 years. Now I have put myself back on the wagon. So far I have lost 24 lbs but only 12 since I have been involved with this website. I am doing good, however I think it is widely due to the Gym Membership I decided to get. My motto is "If I have to pay for it....I will use it" and so far that is working for me. I go to the gym about 5 maybe 6 days a week. I do strength training and cardio. Currently I am doing 3 miles on the treadmill (about 50 minutes at a 3.5 mph range) and sample a few other machines once in a while. When I started it was only about 1 mile, then I pushed to reach 1.5 miles and so on.

I am also planning on going to a beginner class for zumba (only a half hour class) to see if I even like it. I need to get my heart rate up more when I exercise, plus I think it will get the scale moving again if I switch things up a bit.

Motivation is really hard some times, you just have to get up and "do it" what have you used to motivate yourself in the past?
    I usually try to get my workout in the morning, that way I am up and alert and energized. i don't think I could do it in the evening, by then I am totally wiped out from my day that I probably would skip it more often.

Hope this helped a bit, anytime you need help let me know I can fire you up.
    Andrea
  • haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amy, nice to have you on board with the site. I am in my second week now and I really love the support that you can get from the others on here. Let us know what programs you are doing or what you are doing for your exercise so that we may be able to help you better. Feel free to message me and friend me we can chat.
  • KristenMaBee
    KristenMaBee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy,

I also need motivation. I am a 42 year old Mom who just can't seem to stay on track to lose that last 15 pounds of baby weight. One motivation is that I did lose 50 of the 65 pounds I gained thru my second pregnancy on this site, but it's hard without support of family and friends. I could use some too! Care to check in once a week like Weight Watchers does to be accountable? That seems to help a lot.

Kristen :smile:
  • todenny
    todenny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just posted the same thing. I need motivation....I'm 39 and had a gastric bypass almost 5 years ago and lost about 240, then gained about 35. Need motivation to work out and eat better.
  • Heavenscentgirl
    Heavenscentgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started on here a couple months ago and this is my first day on the site. Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck! We can never have too many motivators.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to share with the world the sexy greek god buried under 80 pounds of fat!
  • em0307
    em0307 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello hello! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Marlys101
    Marlys101 Posts: 100
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here.