Track and field

Options
Rawr619
Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
Today my husband encouraged me to sign up for our state's police and fire games. So I will be racing the 100m, running hurdles, and long jumping. The thought is making me miss my glory days in high school

Replies

• 1shark1bite
    1shark1bite Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 years old and I'm thing of getting into track and field. Right now the closest thing I do to running track is 5ks.
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wow! I used to do track and field in middle school so talk about your glory days!
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Woo! You can do it! I am an ex athlete and have given up my glory day dreams. But I still do track workouts. My favorite ones are repeats. Lately I have been doing 200 meter repeats and 400 meter repeats because I can still focus on some sprinting speed as well as endurance sprints.

I have to say though, be a little more ginger with your tendons. They might not be what they once were. Make sure to take proper time to warm up and proper time to cool down. Recovery as well. Massages, icing, rolling, stretching, the like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!