Juice plus, it works, etc

Options
Thoughts on these? It seems like I can't go on Facebook anymore without someone the trying to sell me these. Pyramid scheme in my opinion. What do you guys think?

Replies

• LessofAJ
    LessofAJ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Waste of money in a search for a "magical cure". No such thing. Eating at a deficit and moving more is free and will provide results.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Another diet.
    Whatever works and is sustainable for each person.
    Unfortunately, a huge majority of people (over 80%) that lose weight, do not keep it off no matter how they lose the weight. Sustainability is key in being successful at keeping the weight off once you have reached goal IMHO.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Designed to make your wallet lighter - not much else. They are pyramid schemes and have nothing to do with healthy living.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    If they make money off of you then pass and log your calories and plan your groceries better.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Designed to make your wallet lighter - not much else. They are pyramid schemes and have nothing to do with healthy living.

Pretty much!

I have used the It Works wraps (I foolishly signed up as a distributor for a short while a few years back, until I saw the error of my ways!) and they do take off an inch or two, but it's not a real loss and doesn't last (water loss, I presume). The only thing I'd recommend them for is to use for a couple of weeks before an important event, if you need help to fit into a special dress or something. But even then, only if you have the money to waste because they're not cheap and not permanent.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The design is brilliant. They can and do work, but not for the reasons people think. They don't teach people a sustainable method. Most of them will result in people immediately gaining some weight back. This is done on purpose to make people think that the product is the only way to lose weight and keep it off. They've basically found a way to create constant demand for an unnecessary product.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I personally run away from anything like this. I chose to eat healthy at a deficit. Once I have lost everything that I want I will up my Calories to maintenance, but continue to eat the same foods. It is a lifestyle change! There is no quick fix or magic pill....it's hard work and determination that will help you lose weight!!
  • mparker87
    mparker87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My family uses Juice Plus. We don't sell it, or use it for weight loss. We just use the vitamins and we like it. I also use Zeal protein powder. My mother-in-law gives it to me for free so I mix it with smoothies for breakfast. I like it mostly because it's free to me!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    SCAMWOO
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    SCAMWOO

That sounds too much like:

mmebsc4g35qp.jpg

:smiley:
  • michkins33
    michkins33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like the juice plus shakes and chewables. It's just an addition to healthy choices not a quick fix
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Juice Plus is an absolute scam...the capsules only contain FOUR vitamins: A,C,E and Folate so you'd be better off saving your money and buying a basic multi-vitamin instead.

http://www.devingrayfitness.com/debunked-juice-plus-a-research-review/