Loss of self confidence

Options
SarrrBarrr
SarrrBarrr Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all,

This is my first time on the app since high school. I am 21 years old and have lost all self confidence because of my weight gain compared to four years ago...I graduate in December and hope to gain my confidence by then when I go into a 'big kid job'. Any and all support is welcome, as I will need the motivation to learn self discipline. Thanks in advance :) I'm starting this journey in less than 2 weeks! (After finals)

Replies

• chaves2013
    chaves2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, you're nearing completion of a great accomplishment which I'm sure wasn't easy, that is something to be very proud of. Giving 100% of your attention and dedication to more than one task at a time is unrealistic , so don't beat yourself up for having gained some weight. The important thing is that you have taken the 1st step in making a change about something that you're not happy about . I'd start with small changes ( so not to interfere with your studies). Watch your intake, make healthy choices and go for a walk when you need to take a break. You can do anything you set your mind to, just stay real. There are those out there that don't have a weight problem and yet they may not be as confident as you'd think. There are many elements that fuel Self confidence. You should not let self image be the only contributing factor, you have a lot to offer, never sell yourself short because of what you think others see. Be proud of yourself, stay positive and remember that we all come in various shapes and sizes. Just stay health. I'll be here to support you an cheer you on.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment. I hear it's normal to put on some weight in college. Maybe try adding some activity by walking to classes or parking further away and then walking. Have a goal to fit so many miles in a week so that you are working on this goal to lose some weight before the end of school. Also try to look at your food choices and see what you can improve on there before you graduate. Good luck! You can do it.