walk away the pounds

Options
how do you count the 1 mile excercise is it considered low impact aerobics?? it was 18 minutes

Replies

• Living_Dead_Girl
    Options
    I log it as walking 3.0 mph (as it would take you almost 60 minutes to walk 3 miles).
  • shawn_chas102304
    Options
    If you search for walking it will give you various speeds and you choose how fast you walked and put in the minutes... that'll give you the calories you burned during your 1 mile walk.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Leslie sansone says that she times her workout beats to be what it would take you to walk a mile in that amount of time. I've worn my pedometer while doing them and come up with half the distance, but pedometer's measure on stride and shake (LOL)....

But it comes out for me as well at about a 20 min mile or 3 MPH based on my calorie burn on my heart rate monitor. They generally match up the same.
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    great thanks guys i think it was probably like 2.5 for me cuz i was mod walking
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I was researching for a more accurate way to calculate how many calories it should burn every exercise I do, and I was so depressed when I saw the number based on heart rate, gender, and weight...Now I wonder...Does it really burn as many as it says?