Energy?

Options
hello. I was just wondering what food or drink gives you guys the most energy.

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Food wise, pure sugar carbs like gummi worms / bears , Twizzlers, pop tarts give me a boost before I go lift.

Coffee is always a go to. White Monster Zeros also.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Regular food, mostly. If I'm low on energy it's usually because I haven't had enough sleep or I haven't eaten enough, in general. I do like my coffee in the mornings, but I suspect that's more habit than anything else.
  • thetrudster1
    thetrudster1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Honey, raw local honey seems to do it for me. Since I have hypoglycemia I have to be really careful about eating sweets.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    redbull....
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Energy is calories, and pure fat is the most calorie dense, so I would say oil, lard or butter. Second place is carbohydate, which is sugar.

If you mean what makes a person "energetic", it differs. For me, I feel optimally awake, well and strong on a balanced and varied diet mostly made up on nutrient dense, fresh foods. Fruit and vegetables, fatty meat and fish, butter, grains and starchy vegetables, nuts and seeds, eggs and dairy.
  • _roby_p
    _roby_p Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use Biosteel HPSD (pink stuff) before and during exercising. Doesn't give you the 'pump' a pre workout does and its not designed for that either. I've also used it as a mid afternoon beverage instead of coffee.