My 1st Green Monster :)

Options
greenmonster.jpg

if you haven't had one...do yourself a favor and try it! there are TONS of ways to mix it up...you can add pretty much any fruit or vegetable, yogurt, milk (cow's, soy, almond), yogurt, peanut butter, etc.

check out www.greenmonstermovement.com for ideas!

Replies

• MeaggyTheGreaty
    MeaggyTheGreaty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nice! Mine never turn out green because I add colored fruits like strawberries and blueberries. They really do make you feel good though.
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm gonna try a fruitier one tomorrow..maybe with a little peanut butter? They're great post-workout
  • MeaggyTheGreaty
    MeaggyTheGreaty Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm personally kinda weird about mixing flavors like that. I LOVE peanut butter in my protein shakes but with green monsters I usually do something like: Greek yogurt, almond milk, kale, strawberries, blueberries. I also like to use frozen fruit or freeze my fresh fruit so you don't have ice watering the shake down. What did you use in yours?
  • rachelllk
    Options
    2 cups of raw baby spinach
    1/2 cup of almond milk
    1/4 cup non fat vanilla Chobani greek yogurt
    3 oz baby carrots
    1 scoop of Optimum Nutrition Whey - vanilla ice cream flavored

I haven't been getting as much protein as I want to so I just got the whey powder today. It's actually really good! I'm gonna make some homemade protein bars tonight so I'll probably post those too
  • rachelllk
    Options
    oh and I added a banana and a few pieces of ice!