Can you still lose weight if unable to exercise

Options
Hi everyone

I'm unable to exercise due to illness and have 4 stone to lose, before this ( 4 years ago) I used to exercise at least 4/5 times a week at the gym AND go running!!

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to lose 4 stone with no exercise and also would love new friends for help, support and motivation so feel free to add or request me ( not sure how this works as only been on here for a week!)

Thanks

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Yes you just need to eat less than you burn.

Set up your diary with your activity level as sedentary and stick to that number of calories.
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yes, you just get to eat a little less. It's all about calorie deficit - meaning diet alone is enough to lose weight :)
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Yes. In fact, I lost the first 30 lbs or so while nearly completely immobilized due to pericarditis.
  • jamesblood13
    jamesblood13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes, as they say, 6 packs are made in the kitchen. It will just mean you need to watch what you eat a bit better. My working days are very sedentary so I have the same issue.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Of course, its about being in calorie deficit to lose.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will be slightly more difficult to create a deficit if one is inactive but it is more than possible.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. I lost 50lbs without any exercise.

• jlcrph
    jlcrph Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes! I lost my first 80lbs without exercise. I just accurately weighted and measured my food and stayed within my calorie allowance everyday.
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    yes you can.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will be slightly more difficult to create a deficit if one is inactive but it is more than possible.

not really...creating a deficit with just intake is quite easy. MFP makes it very easy.

Exercise is for health and fitness calorie deficit for weight loss.
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes you can...I've lost 40 pounds so far by eating at a deficit, with only some occasional walking :smile: Feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    considering most people I see going to do treadmill burn less than 300 calories per day in exercise, yes, it is easy.