Need Motivation

Options
Food and exercise is getting to me yet again..I'm having a hard time staying under calories, even exercising on most days and I don't want to give up. I am taking a few days off, so I hope that helps me get my mind together. I'm seeing a counselor on Thursday, so I hope that can open my eyes a little too. Sometimes i see everyone on here lose..and I'm feeling discouraged and wish I can lose too..I don't feel like I have any strength. I keep fighting and stressing about all this..I hate the way I look, and wish I can prettier, and skinner...sometimes I want that more then my own health, and looking at that angle, health should come first. I just need some encouragement..maybe some of you are in my shoes and can fully understand. :cry:

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    In my experience, taking a few days off leads to taking a few MORE days off. If you don't want to give up, DON'T! Make yourself get up and workout. True, you don't always want to do it, but when you do, you feel so much better afterwards. Get in a good workout and that'll jump start you back on the right track. If you want it, you have to make it happen. You can't wish it into happening or talk it into happening; you have to take physical action. Yeah, sometimes it sucks and it's genuinely the last thing you want to do, but you have to think about the rewards you're going to get from it.
  • kittycakes
    kittycakes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the PP -- don't take a few days off! Somehow building the habits takes a long time, but falling out of them is instantaneous!!! Maybe change up your work out -- do something different, even if it doesn't burn as many calories. Or set a new mini-goal. and it doesn't have to be scale-oriented. Maybe your goal is to get all your workouts in for the week or to stay on-target with your calories for a week ... and then treat yourself to something nice (maybe a manicure, a new workout outfit). You've lost 55 lbs already so I'd say you're doing fantastic! Focus on that and on how what you're doing is improving your health (and your looks), even if it's happening more slowly than you want.

You can totally do this! You already ARE!

Hang in there, honey!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I agree, don't take days off! It could lead to a downhill turn, and that's hard to recover from. Keep at it, just go for a walk, eat an apple, dance in your living room in your underwear! Whatever it takes! Take some quiet time for yourself to run your goals through your head and why you want to succeed. You can do it!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Agree, don't take days off. Your body will do what it wants so you might as well tough it out and have the last word. My body doesn't boss me around anymore, unless it is hurting, then I'll listen to it.

You've already lost 55 pounds and that is FANTASTIC. Way to go.
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi

I agree with everyone else here,
    I think taking time off will hinder
    you and not help you. You are stronger than you
    think you are, you can do this...Put your mind to it and
    start exercising and it will even allow you extra calories.

This is a great place to get support and motivation!
    Please feel free to add me, maybe we can support each other and take this journet together. :flowerforyou:
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree about the workout. Days off, for me at least, have generally lead to weeks off. Sticking to it, even if I blow it it one area or another (miss a workout, but eat pretty decent.. or eat everything in sight, but work out really well) it seems to keep me on track if I keep going. If you just don't feel like you have it in you today, then do the best you can to hold your ground and plan a FRESH NEW START beginning tomorrow. Every day is a new day.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I def support your advice, everyone..but I need some time.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have to say I don't agree. Take a day or two off. I'm not saying go on a binge or anything. But sometimes we just need a break. I just took the weekend off and I felt so much better in my leg workout this morning. Sometimes too much of a good thing is just that too much. Take a rest day or two to regroup and start the next day fresh. :smile:
  • drwalker09
    drwalker09 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have to say I don't agree. Take a day or two off. I'm not saying go on a binge or anything. But sometimes we just need a break. I just took the weekend off and I felt so much better in my leg workout this morning. Sometimes too much of a good thing is just that too much. Take a rest day or two to regroup and start the next day fresh. :smile:

I agree with this poster, especially because you walked 8 miles a few days ago. Give yourself a reasonable deadline, say break today and tomorrow, and get back to it Wednesday. Eat sensibly, and make sure you at least walk to the end of your block, you can do it!
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    Everyone needs some time to recharge :) I do heavy work outs Monday-Thursday and usually take the weekend off. Just watch your calories when you aren't exercising. Make sure you stay within your calorie goal on those days, and you will do fine! I've lost just as much weight with this "three days rest" idea, so it CAN be done and is also very beneficial for me to have some time away from the gym. Good luck!!