Breakfast at work?

Options

Replies

• soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    On Sunday night I cook one extra large egg with some sausage, spinach, tomatoes and cheese. I do that for each weekday and put them in their own Tupperware. So then when I get to work I heat it up. It's so good! I love hot breakfast.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm not an eggs and bacon type person at all. In the morning, before I exercise, I make a smoothie.

When I get to work I have coffee. Followed shortly by: banana, cheese stick, 2 Brazil nuts, and then "something else"; either a pear or some cottage cheese. Fruit bar or protein bar otherwise.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I eat at home, but I have a coworker who makes these egg wrap things. She basically scrambles a bunch of eggs and puts them with cheese and some veggies in a tortilla. Then she wraps them up in plastic wrap individually and freezes them. She brings a frozen one into work every day and just nukes it for like 45 seconds.

If I'm on the go, I'll make egg muffins the night before. (think crustless quiche) Just throw a bunch of eggs, zucchini (or whatever veg you like), ham (or whatever meat you like) and cheese in a big bowl. Stir it up and pour into greased muffin tins. Bake until firm 375 for about 20 minutes. I keep a big bag of these in the fridge and just nuke one for like 20 seconds and then I'm out the door.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Bread or toast w pnut butter and bananna (honey if u want)
    - Cottage cheese and fruit
    - Boiled egg and fruit or w toast
  • laura935
    laura935 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie at home and drink on the way to, or at, work. I use 1 C frozen fruit, 1C almond milk, handful of spinach, scoop of vanilla protein powder, other tasty add-ins are yogurt or ground flax for added fibre!
  • rockinjess12
    rockinjess12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast you can add turkey ham
    Egg whites on toast you can add tomatoes or mushrooms/veggies
    Usually I prep my lunch but not my breakfast. The ones above are my go-to breakfast.
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    awesome ideas! thanks guys
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I normally make oatmeal with flax and chia seeds.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm normally at my desk at 7:00, so I normally eat my breakfast at my desk as well. I like overnight oats, smoothies, and sometimes I will make breakfast sandwiches and freeze them, just pop in the microwave for a minute and boom, hot breakfast sandwich.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I make my oats and my omelet the night before and bring them to work and reheat in the microwave
  • hawksfan881972
    hawksfan881972 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm usually 2 pieces of toast, 2 tbs low fat peanut butter, and 2 cups of coffee with half and half. Usually puts me around 450 calories, which is under my budget for my daily meals.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I make my overnight oats with plain fat free yogurt thinned with a little water. I like canned pumpkin stirred in and a few dried cherries give it a pop of flavor.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I fry up some eggs and make toast while I'm getting ready for work. I typically don't eat the sandwich until I get to work.
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal tastes so bland to me. My trainer created a meal plan and I can either eat one hard boiled egg, or brown sugar oatmeal. I am not a fan of oatmeal I don't know why. I think its the texture.
  • notyap187
    notyap187 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 hard boiled eggs, a banana, and 4 walnut halves. Just make sure you don't overcook the eggs or they will smell like rotten eggs. Comes out to about 15gr of protein, 15gr of fat, and 29gr of carbs.
  • bassclef19
    bassclef19 Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I either do..
    overnight oats.. (mmmm warm them up in the microwave and it's heaven)
    Or.. a hardboiled egg and two pieces of toast with butter.
    You can even cook a raw egg in the microwave. Scramble in a dish and zap for 1 minute.

oh yes, and a banana. And Coffee!!! can't forget coffee.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i make a tray of muffins...

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/03/morning-glory-muffins/

i want to say that they're a little less than 300 calories a piece. i know it's a lot, but it's really filling.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i typically bring a package of OatFit instant oatmeal and a smoothie (almond milk, protein powder, spinach and peanut butter) for breakfast
  • taliaheta
    taliaheta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I usually take my cereal into work and leave it in my drawer since work provides milk. I personally like Nutri-Grain or Weetbix. If you don't like that then make sure u have a container and 2 eggs. Mix that with 2caps of milk and season, pop it into the microwave for 2mins and u have scrambled eggs. Season and may have toast with it