Best bodyrock.tv workouts?

Options
Hello!

I'm fairly new to MFP. Last night I stumbled upon the bodyrock.tv website (after reading about it on a healthy living blog) and tried my first workout of theirs, the Hot Attack Workout. Today, my arms and back are so sore (in a good way) that it's hard to even lift my coffee cup!

I don't have a gym membership and am trying to get in shape with as little equipment as possible (I own a yoga mat and a set of 5lb weights--that's it.)

I was wondering if anyone else on here is a bodyrock.tv fan, and if so, what are your favorite no/low equipment workouts from the site?

Thanks!

Replies

• taysuh
    taysuh Posts: 9
    Options
    Also thought I'd mention that I found a great free interval timer online. All you have to do is google "Free online interval timer."
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried too many bodyrock.tv workouts, I was going to start them to train for the Warrior Dash. Zuzanna has an amazing physique, must be like, 12% body fat!
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks! I just checked out the site and it looks pretty great. I'm going to try it out!
  • cagirl2188
    cagirl2188 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i LOVE bodyrock workouts! they kick your butt. a lot of the workout can be done with substitutions, like using a backpack filled with flour, rice, canned goods- pretty much anything-instead of the sandbag. we use the corner of the kitchen counter for a dip station. my husband does have a pull up bar, so that is helpful. you can do high knees instead of jump rope. you can get cheap interval timer apps so you don't need a gymboss timer. if you have an iphone look for interval timer pro. you can get it for $0.99. i would suggest watching the videos before the workout, try each move at least once or twice to be familiar with them and to figure out which substitutions to do. the workouts look very intimidating, but scroll through some from a few months back. zuzana explains how to alter workouts for beginners. good luck and don't give up. :smile:
  • litacharie
    Options
    i personally like the ones with interval training and time challenges, ill have to go thru my workout journal and find my favorites for you.. im still sorta new too.. only been bodyrockin since december '10. ill add you on here! :D