340 Calorie dinner....any ideas?

Options
I only have 340 cals left for dinner. Any recipes?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I make a really good sauteed chicken breast. All you need is one large tomato, some fresh basil leaves, 1 clove fresh garlic, and some black pepper. You chop it all up and mix it in a food processor or by hand then mix it all in a greased pan (I use Pam High Heat to coat the pan instead of oil). Cook it on medium high for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken, put a lid on it to keep moisture in. Cook until done (check it by cutting or measuing the temp).

Combine it with 1.5 cups fresh steamed broccoli with a splash of lemon juice and pepper, and it's a great tasty dinner.

Total calories: 236
    Protein: 33
    Carbs: 18
    Fiber: 7
    Sugar: 4
    Fat: 2

You can also make this with white fish like Tilapia.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I just made a taco salad - so yummy and filling and only 355 calories... you could cut down on the meat or cheese to get you to 340

Lawash Brand Flatbread - Wheat Tortilla Low Carb, 1 Tortilla 70 calories
    Giant Eagle - Extra Lean Ground Beef 95% Lean 5% Fat, 4 oz. 150 calories
    Dole - Salad - Italian Blend, 3 oz. (85g/about 2 cups) 15 calories
    Weight Watchers - Mexican Style Shredded Cheese, 0.3 Cup (28g) 80 calories
    Ortega - Mild Taco Sauce, 2 tbsp 20 calories
    Ortega - Taco Seasoning Mix , 1 Tbsp or 1/6 envelope 20 calories
    Total: 355 calories
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm a simple Soup and Salad girl! Have a side of toast or fruit to make up some calories and give yourself some dessert. :)
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    I just made an asian chicken salad.

Chicken Breast, torn up into little pieces by hand (goal is to have chicken in every bite)
    A bunch of green onions
    A few baby carrots, sliced up
    (Usually mandarin oranges too, the kind that come in a clear plastic fruit cup at the store, but was out)
    I put all that in a plastic bag with a little soy sauce, teriyaki, and oyster sauce and shake it up.
    Then, to the bag - add
    A bunch of Spring Mix Salad and a few won tons.
    *edit* and then some Newman's low cal asian dressing :)

300 calories or less.
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I suggest a baked tilapia filet with lemon, garlic, and onion, half of a large sweet potato, and some brocolli. Filling, nutritious, and yummy!
  • mamasita38
    mamasita38 Posts: 28
    Options
    Great ideas, all. Thank you. It's only 3:21 and we usually eat at 5pm. I'm sooo hungry, I hope 5pm comes soon.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I just had a Portabella mushroom burger, with swiss cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato... and balsamic roasted brussels sprouts.
    it was 370 calories, but if you use low calorie bread (mine was 160cal for 2 slices) you could certainly drop it to 340
  • alyssakatherine
    Options
    You could walk to a nearby store and order 1 SLICE of veggie pizza, thin crust (whole grain if they have it). This will come to under 200 cals. If you ask them for no cheese, it'll bring it down significantly less! (and cheese-less pizza actually tastes delicious!)
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I will usually make some brown rice (150 cals for 2/3 cup cooked) and sautee some veggies for it like zucchini, squash, green peppers, onions etc with half tbsp of olive oil (60 cals). Sometimes I'll add a tbsp of tomato paste (30ish cals) or 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (80 cals). Its pretty filling, easy to make and fast (if you have the 5 min rice).