Can bread be used frequently in a diet?

Options
Talking about making sandwiches(veg) that will make a big part of my diet.

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I eat bread all the time. Just log the calories and stay within your allotment.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits in your daily calorie limit, yes.
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For sure!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I agree. And if you have a carb issue (such as insulin resistance or diabetes), use whole grain bread. I have PCOS and have to watch carbs, so I make my sandwiches with a multigrain bread. Took a little getting used to (I LOVE white carbs and sweets--UGH!), but now I love it. It actually has more flavor than white bread. My previous mistake was using whole wheat bread--not my favorite. But the multi-grain has more flavor and texture than just whole wheat.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I eat sandwiches every single day.. and I mean everyday... You would think I would hate sandwiches by now! LOL
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Sure! Any food can be a part of your diet, just make sure you're fitting it into your calorie goals :)
  • Beaner63
    Beaner63 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yep, I usually have sourdough toast every morning, and then a sandwich for lunch.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I eat bread every day as part of a vegetarian diet and I've lost 11 pounds this month
  • maeggggan
    maeggggan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i eat bread for breakfast, and some type of tortilla/wrap with lunch. both of these are ate everyday. just log the calories! :)
  • dawn_noelle29
    dawn_noelle29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Dave's Killer Bread is pretty awesome and it has 22g/carbs 2g/fat 5g/protein and 5g/fiber - but nothing wrong with bread just fit it in your calories and/or macros!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Weigh the slices too! I always have to cut a crust or two off to make the weight match the serving size.
  • Bella77007
    Bella77007 Posts: 78 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I eat 2 slices per day, I love bread and a sandwich to me is an essential lunch item, weigh it,log it, stay within your target and it's absolutely fine.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Oprah eats BREAD EVERY DAY! on weight watchers. But really, yeah, if it's worth the calories to you and you're getting enough nutrients, you can have the bread.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    nvm
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yup! I have it every day - but I choose wholegrain (wholemeal) because it makes me feel more satisfied for longer :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends. If it can fit your calories and you don't end up hungry after, sure. Not the case for me most of the time, unfortunately.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i sometimes have a half sandwich or an open face sandwich - sometimes with trader joe's reduced fat mayo and something tasty. or sometimes i just have a piece of toast. fits in my daily calories just fine.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Sandwich thins are great too!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Talking about making sandwiches(veg) that will make a big part of my diet.

Hellz ya!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Sure, just make sure you have a variety of other foods as well.