Officially left weight watchers to come back here...

Options

Replies

• tammiewelsh1
    tammiewelsh1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Julem22 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I Officially left weight watchers to come back here. I did lose some weight on Weight watchers, but I have to say. I did not like Smart Points, My Trader Joe's Oat and fiber bar was 5 points (it is only 120 calories and I look at it like a treat but the points were so high!). My morning coffee was 4 points when it was barely 80 calories. I understand the push to get away from sugar, but I was starting to get resentful of just eating protein all the time. So, here I am...

I'm in the same boat :) I have found calorie counting a real eye opener. Doing slimming world or weight watchers in the past I guess hadn't educated me on the real value and spend of calories. I'm. Here if u wanna add me x
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to many!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it is a good choice. My sister uses WW and does well on it, but she was explaining the new points system to me and it is ridiculous. It is clear it is buying into the woo of sugar being evil. A 200 calorie candy bar is half your daily points, but you can eat two bananas for free... it really limits what you eat and doesn't teach you full nutrition.
    If you follow the plan I have no doubt you will eat healthy and can lose weight if you don't game the free points, but you could also virtually starve yourself if you eat a couple "bad" foods. Counting calories gives you so much more freedom and control.
  • shawnitamarie
    shawnitamarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also was a member of Ww For almost 7 years. I lost 30 pounds on it. But after I met my husband I mostly gained it all back. I tried Smart points but it is absolutely ridiculous and hard...too many numbers to log. I got so used to points plus and then they changed it. I really hope this MFP works. I need something different but not impossible to do
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am currently on it. Lost 7 lbs the first month but struggled through month 2. So now I am back here - counting calories, just to see how it adds up compared to points. tracking food is much simpler on MFP, that is for sure!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I do WW as well and love it. I have lost 25 lbs since Feb of this year. But I'm also doing MFP. A lot of people from WW do both. :) Feel free to add me as a friend!

same here I love WW. I could not do it alone. I have always lost weight with WW, down 22 pounds with about 30 more to go and I will not stop til I am at a healthy BMI!!! Feel free to add me
  • ktgnz1220
    ktgnz1220 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a ww smart points flunky. I was feeling very frusterated when I would go over my daily points, which led to binging. I also felt as if the calories and sp didn't always make sense. I have 75 pounds to lose and hope to learn more about calories and nutrition along the way. Feel free to add me to your friends list!
  • Deborah271
    Deborah271 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I also left weight watchers online after only 4 days, I did not like their new points plus program. My
    Morning coffee with only 2 tbsp of lower fat creamer which = only 40 calories was 2 points, my weight watchers bread which always = 2 points for 2 slices is now 3 points. I love being back here!
  • beastmoore
    beastmoore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Think I am doing the same....trying a week of comparisons. Today I've eaten just over 1300 calories. That equal 39 smart points. Yesterday was about1500 and that equalled 44 smart points. And nothing has been drastically "unhealthy" going to see how I get on this week. I'm interested to see the results to be honest. When I look at it I don't know whether to think I've gone mad and over eaten but when I look at what I've eaten I don't feel like I've had excessive amounts of food but if I'm going by smart points over the past two days I've eaten 22 extra points than what I'm allowed!
  • msbyrd0015
    msbyrd0015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weight watchers too am back to mfp I have better results I think all food should be counted
  • billylusk777
    billylusk777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was on ww 3 times ! Lost but gained it all back every time. This is so much easier than figuring those points out. Fitbit really makes me move more, mine just went off, got my 10k for the day!
    I did learn though if you are sitting and rocking in a chair it counts as steps! Lol
  • Fishbern
    Fishbern Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I say instead of points for food, give yourself 7 points for finishing a tough workout!
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :) I've never used WW but I've seen a lot of people on the forums who have. Good luck and enjoy your oat and fiber bars! It's a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • escschwartz
    escschwartz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I became a WW lifetime member back in 1990 when they were still using exchanges (breakfast was 1 bread, 1 milk, 1 fruit) and I've been on and off all of their programs over the years since then as I've needed to get back to goal weight. I will agree that this new points system they have is terrible and I have used former points systems that did work well because they were basically calorie based with slight modification for fiber/macros. I came to MFP in January and have found it so easy to use and the database is so extensive. I am having no trouble staying within the calories and macros mix I've set for myself, even when my calorie goal was as low as 1250. I've been successful with MFP and as I up my calories for maintenance I feel like I can really stay with MFP for life.
    I will admit that WW taught me a lot over the years about healthy eating but they got rid of their "good health guidelines" so I'm not sure new WW members will get the same benefits I got.
  • cjb3001
    cjb3001 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did the same with Slimming World. I put in a 'good' day, lots of free stuff and about 6-8 syns and it came out on here as 1100 calories - for a 220lb three gym a week girl like me that just wasn't going to fly!
  • lrquigl2016
    lrquigl2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ktgnz1220 wrote: »
    I am a ww smart points flunky. I was feeling very frusterated when I would go over my daily points, which led to binging. I also felt as if the calories and sp didn't always make sense. I have 75 pounds to lose and hope to learn more about calories and nutrition along the way. Feel free to add me to your friends list!

I'm a flunky too! I was always so hungry with the new points system. So much more success and accountability (for me) with mfp.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have friends who lost considerable weight on WW years ago. I considered WW but am glad I started MFP after reading comments. I've stalled short of my goal by 10 pounds using Nutrisystem (canceled program today) and hope to lose them with MFP (which I switched to today).