HELP someone save me from myself!!!

I need friends to help me stay on the right path.
I have started and stopped this "Healthy Life Style Change" seems like every other week for the last several months. I am so disappointed in myself. I lost 15 lbs back in January and now it's like i lose 5 and gain it right back 5. It's a never ending cycle and I am so fed up. Anytime someone compliments me on my weight loss I begin to eat like it is so unreal.The first 15 came off fairly easy. It was after a break up and it was like I was looking for revenge. Has anyone else felt like that? Maybe it's just me? I don't know. But anyway I self sabotage myself ALL the time. I believe my weight is a security blanket for me. It's like I want to lose the weight then I don't want the attention it brings. I'm kinda curvy in the hip and leg region and as my waist get small it's really starting to show. I know in my mind I need to lose the weight.

I'm 5`9" 224lbs give or take with a large frame (some might say "Big boned")

I just want a smooth back I'm tired of these rolls :blush:

Please add me as a friend and help me stay motivated

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    I am kind of having the same problem. In 2014 I lost 40 pounds. I have since gained all but 7 pounds back. So I am starting again. I am 5'5" and 210 pounds. Unfortunately I don't have a butt or thighs so it is all in my stomach and boobs. I have a bunch of summer dresses that I want to get into but when I wear them I look pregnant. It is very frustrating. I would just like a flat stomach but it seems like all my weight comes off my already non existent butt first.
  • ajyates14
    ajyates14 Posts: 3 Member
    I feel your pain! I used to live an extremely physical lifestyle due to my career and when I changed jobs I wasn't nearly as active but still ate the same. I went from 130 to over 250! I hold most of my weight in my mid section unfortunately. I was able to lose 120 pounds in a year and a half, but then I got complacent and now I'm pushing 180 again! I get mad at myself often, because my motivation is flip floppy! The encouragement from others on here definitely helps me get my butt back in gear! We got this girls!!
  • shanna_wainwright
    shanna_wainwright Posts: 35 Member
    I found that the best way to tackle this is 1 healthy choice at a time. I started with drinking more water. Then simply moving more. Making better choices meal to meal. Do I make bad choices? Of course (bacon, sausage and pancakes? Who can resist!), but then I try to balance the rest of the day with better choices. I work at a desk all day, so I've added a mini workout to each 15 minute break- instead of finding a tasty treat. You can do this- just take it one healthy choice at a time!
  • MeganCannon
    MeganCannon Posts: 29 Member
    I agree with Shanna. It's just making one healthy change at a time and sticking to it. It sucks that there is no quick fix but slow and steady will get you there in the end.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Great point Shanna. I think for me especially I go in 110% percent and change everything right away. Then I get frustrated when I don't see instant results.
  • hannahfarrellgardner
    hannahfarrellgardner Posts: 3 Member
    I'm with you there! Determined to lose weight, but I've been determined before! I never used to have a problem with my weight until 4 years ago after I had my son, I had PND and didn't really leave the house, I'd comfort eat and piled on a lot of weight and now struggling to lose it! Before that I always used to be 12st and a size 12 (I'm just under 6 foot, the lowest weight I've been as an adult is 11st 7 and I looked too thin) in so desperate to lose weight but if I get stressed out all I want to do is eat!! Happy to help encourage others if u want to be friends :-) x