Unmotivated

Options
Really haven't been on plan for weeks cause I've had so many things going on but I've managed to stay where I've been. So no weight gain. But now need to get started again.

Replies

• kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    So just start. That's what I had to do. I just decided one night, "ok, this starts first thing in the morning when I wake up". I just had to bite the bullet and do it. I told myself, "No more excuses", and just plunged in. I'm a master at finding excuses not to exercise, not to eat right, etc. I just had to force myself to stop with the excuses and, as Nike so eloquently puts it, "just do it".

Feel free to friend me on here if you want. :)
  • AnnChappellmtp
    AnnChappellmtp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks love. Sometimes i need pushing. Sounds odd but my partner is to nice about things. X
  • AnnChappellmtp
    AnnChappellmtp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've just added you. I'm new to adding on here so if I've not done it right you may need to add me lol x
  • trail_tripper
    trail_tripper Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In the same boat. It's mostly a mind game but I do not respond well to the blunt drill sargeant type of motivation. In fact, this is the first time I've logged after YEARS of tracking and I see your "Unmotivated" post.

Feel free to add. Maybe some kind of accountability to a complete stranger will help. :)
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Are you in maintenance? Because then it's completely ok to go off plan as long as you don't gain weight back in my opinion. It's even better really, shows that you have learned good habits for the rest of your life.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I do see things as starting or not starting. Or on track not on track

I still count my calories ( in maintenance) so i just eat my allowed/allotted calories. Some days more some days less.

When i would want to lose another 5 lbs which i think i want to try..there will be no starting. I just eat 100 to 200 calories less and let slowly over time glide the weight off.

Don't see it as starting/failing/stopping/ or going again.
    Its life. ....count and let it happen!

You can do it!
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    kmbrooks15 wrote: »
    So just start. That's what I had to do. I just decided one night, "ok, this starts first thing in the morning when I wake up". I just had to bite the bullet and do it. I told myself, "No more excuses", and just plunged in. I'm a master at finding excuses not to exercise, not to eat right, etc. I just had to force myself to stop with the excuses and, as Nike so eloquently puts it, "just do it".

This was me TOTALLY. I kept saying "I'll start tomorrow" or "I'll start Monday" or "I'll start on the 1st". Then one morning it occurred to me ... why is today any different from tomorrow? If I don't start today, it will be tomorrow and I'll be saying the same thing again. The motto came to me "Today is just as good a day as tomorrow" which goes perfectly with the Nike slogan to "Just Do It".

Certainly if you've maintained while "off plan" for weeks, you're doing something right. You've just made a pit stop. Pick something small to do to get your wheels turning again. Once you start rolling, you'll find your momentum again.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I think 'cause you posted it you will start it!
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've been there and done that. You're lucky, you didn't gain any weight, so kudos to you. Me on the other hand, not so lucky. But, instead of self loathing, as per my past go to mind set, I just made a choice to take accountability, get back on track and do what I know actually works. Every day, will not be a stellar day, just have to keep moving forward.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I found it really hard to restart when I needed to because I'd gained a few pounds. I just started small - there were snacks I'd picked up and I just dropped those. Then I started walking again. That got me back in the mind set and after a week I was ready to hit the lower calories.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Really haven't been on plan for weeks cause I've had so many things going on but I've managed to stay where I've been. So no weight gain. But now need to get started again.

Really great that you didn't gain. Makes it easier to jump back in. I did mini goals when losing. Now, it's more the range that I want to stay in. But still, after too much "celebrating," mentally, I look for the weight to be back down within 3-4 days.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its positive that you maintained your weight rather than gained :smiley: well done, now just try and refocus on your goal or a mini goal and get back on the horse :smiley: