Am I eating enough?

Options
priscillawtf
priscillawtf Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So I just started my fitness journey and currently weigh in at 120lbs at 5'3. I'm looking to maybe lose a few pounds but mainly tone up and gain some muscle. Currently I'm eating at about 1100 calories a day and also weight training/lifting . Im worried that maybe my intake isn't enough to get the results I want? I'm just scared of gaining unnecessary weight. Am I wrong or am I on the right path? And is there any advice or resources you'd recommend?

Replies

• jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's not enough, especially if you're working out. There is no way you're getting all the nutrients with that few calories x Lowest net that is advised is usually 1200kcal.
  • DarthSamson
    DarthSamson Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    tone up and gain some muscle same here I have till august
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Also - toning up/muscle gains go directly against losing weight. To do the former you have to eat at a surplus, to do the latter you have to eat at a deficit.

Also, you're a woman .. . so for muscle that's kind of working against you (and all of us, really). Either way, you're probably not getting the nutrition you need unless you've scrutinized everything you're eating really . . . but even then I'd say you aren't getting your nutrition. Whether you're eating enough is dependent on what you really want. But I'd say even just to be eating what you need (without exercise) you should be eating at least 1,200/day.

Good luck!
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Stick to it for four weeks before making any changes. Then adjust your calories and/or macros based on your results compared to your primary goal.
  • immarunna15
    immarunna15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.coachcalorie.com/calorie-calculator/ this is a helpful tool. Calculator and helps with macros
  • canadiankid1977
    canadiankid1977 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    https://legionathletics.com/diet-meal-plans/
    Hopefully the link works. It is a long article. However around half way down there is a calculator and an explanation of just what you're calculating. It is well worth it to read the entire article if you're serious about your goals I assure you.