Please Go To The Bathroom First!!!

Options
Shana67
Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
Gross. I take pretty high intensity dance aerobic classes and there is nothing that is worse than breathing in a quick breath of fart air from the person in front of me.

Seriously. Go to the bathroom and get it all out before you start working out. Ick.

:D

Replies

• MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Farts happen :-p I've let a couple of non-stinkers out in my classes, held in WAY more. Always felt "empty" at the start of class, but then you get moving and the gas travels to where you can no longer hold it in. Nobody wants to breathe in farts.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    popcorn.gif
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    Eating garlic before a basketball game was a secret weapon of mine.

Also, nothing throws off a football ('murican) opponent like farting as you're getting into your stance in the trenches.
  • MeganCannon
    MeganCannon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    lol, let's just imagine that this is someone's fetish. like someone eating broccoli and beans right before going to a yoga class in hopes of gassing someone.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    Gross. I take pretty high intensity dance aerobic classes and there is nothing that is worse than breathing in a quick breath of fart air from the person in front of me.

Seriously. Go to the bathroom and get it all out before you start working out. Ick.

Sometimes they happen even when you don't need to "go."

Gas can occur outside of the presence of feces.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

Go to the front of the class. Problem solved, unless the instructor cuts loose.
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I went to a week-long dance workshop once, where the menu was strictly vegetarian. They fed us beans. And cabbage. And then the cooped us up in a tiny room and had dance practice. . . .
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

So, these are dudes in your dance aerobic class? I mean, it's my understanding that women don't fart.
  • cammy_b3
    cammy_b3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just get it snouked
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Get over it. Gas passes when it will and it isn't always controllable. Especially so in situations where a person is involved in physical activity. Squeaks and toots are a pretty common part of working out in groups.

• Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Just coming back to this -- you are all so funny!!! I've let 'em out too. Just a bad sniffing day I guess
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Just trying to double my heart health benefits...

"Scientists at Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore, Maryland, US, have found that hydrogen sulphide in flatus – informally known as a fart – is also produced by an enzyme in blood vessels where it relaxes them and lowers blood pressure"