NO ENERGY FEELING WEAK !!!

Options
Hello, all I'm having a issue ... I started in feb of this year.. Before I started I was always getting sick and feeling tired.. So one day I was looking at myself, in the mirror and I said "enough is enough" I want to live a more better and healthy life... So I began eating healthy and cutting out redmeat and pork , right along with exercsing daily.. As time went by I started feeling healty and alive.. I was very pleased with my results, so now that I'm 2 lbs aways from my goal.. My energy went from 100% to 40%.. I don't understand why I'm always feeling weak, and tired if I'm still eating healthy and exercising when my body let's me ??
S/N I just stared taking a all natural multi vitamin

Replies

• cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I just had a quick look at your diary and your calories are really low.

If you've only got a small amount to lose (2lbs) perhaps you should up your calorie intake and take the last 2lbs slowly ?
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    how much water are you drinking?, also how much sleep do you get and maybe you need more carbs. i know i went through this the other week and it was because of the heat, wheni started drinking more water i got better. you also may just need a break
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    maybe try getting more calories during the first half of the day, if you're exercising your body needs some fuel to burn!
  • lapamperedchef
    Options
    Have your iron checked.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I agree, your diary looks like you are not getting enough fuel. Your body needs fuel to feel good. I would totally up my caloric intake, just make sure it is healthy food and not junk. Also, your iron may be low, not seeing alot of iron rich food in your diary. If your iron is low you will be weak.
  • spareparts79
    spareparts79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would try more getting more calories earlier in the day and more water. 8 cups should be your minimum and not your goal for each day.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options

If you've only got a small amount to lose (2lbs) perhaps you should up your calorie intake and take the last 2lbs slowly ?

Yup, that's the reason, I agree.

When you workout so much, your body need more fuel. So you need not just up your goal calories, but making sure you eat your exercises calories back. Read:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ladyhawk00/view/mfp-basics-78491
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/idssports3.htm
    http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. You aren't getting enough calories. You are also low on proteins. I saw something the other day that said the average woman needs between 1500 and 1800 calories a day. I also agree on what others said about possibly being low on iron. Basically, everyone here said what I was going to.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Yup, that's the reason, I agree.

When you workout so much, your body need more fuel. So you need not just up your goal calories, but making sure you eat your exercises calories back. Read:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ladyhawk00/view/mfp-basics-78491
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/idssports3.htm
    http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/

Me too - I agree.
    Food is fuel, The car doesnt run without gas.....try and raise your calorie intake betcha you'll see a difference :)

Also a trip to the DR for bloodwork can't hurt - I am vitamin D deficient but thats me ( I take daily vitamin & other vitamins everyday) you might be deficient in something else..just a thought!.
  • 2004Jessica
    2004Jessica Posts: 113
    Options
    Looked at your diary. Go eat dinner. Only 546 cals or so is not good. In fact, you rarely even get to 1200 which is the daily minimum we ladies need. This is about cutting extra cals we don't need, not cheating ourselves of basic nutrtion. Water is a great idea too.
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I agree with everyone I don't eat as much as I should because I'm rarely hungry and water is a big issue I remember when I was drinking 24 to 34 oz a day.. and it could possibly be my iron I will look up some foods I can eat that's high in iron.. Thank u all for ur advice
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you're going to try and eat more Iron - remember to up your Vit C. It helps your body absorb the Iron.
  • Postlethwaite
    Postlethwaite Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you are just having a day or two or a week of tiredness, there are times that people go through these things. They can be nutritional, hormonal, hydration, stress related.. so many possibilities. You know your body better than any of us. If you feel like something is off, do what you can to correct it. Take some advice from people here who have experienced this kind of problem, and if it persists, head to the doctor and have them take a look at your iron or B12. Be responsible, and listen to your bodies queues, and don't let it stress you out. You are two pounds away.. whether they go today, or next month..
  • Garae
    Garae Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The things you are eating aren't very good for you-
    Eat more fresh organic veggies and fruits and less Ihop.
    Just because you can eat it and stay within your calorie limit doesn't mean it's good for you!! Nor will it give you the energy you need!!!!!!!

Whenever I eat things like bok choy or salads with sliced almonds and beets on top I feel totally energized afterwords, and i eat more for less calories. Try to make Veggies and Lean proteins the main focus of your meals rather than gummy bears and waffles.
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    If you are just having a day or two or a week of tiredness, there are times that people go through these things. They can be nutritional, hormonal, hydration, stress related.. so many possibilities. You know your body better than any of us. If you feel like something is off, do what you can to correct it. Take some advice from people here who have experienced this kind of problem, and if it persists, head to the doctor and have them take a look at your iron or B12. Be responsible, and listen to your bodies queues, and don't let it stress you out. You are two pounds away.. whether they go today, or next month..

It could be stress I do tend to stress easily which I'm trying to work on but I'm still unsure on what it really could be when its so many other things I can point out like hydration or if I'm getting enouch rest and etc. But I will be sure to drink more water and I just started talking a womens multi vitamin along with vitamin c.. So I will do as every suggested and take it from there again thanks u all were a big help !! :)
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    Yeah I know when I'm home I shop at trader joes its like a wholes foods .. But since I'm visiting my grandmother in FL I have to kinda budget my money.. I usually eat spinach salads with almonds or organic berries apples pears and other veggies.. I'm not really a beet fan so I drink it with other blendie fruits and veggies.. I was thinking maybe I feel the way I do because I haven't been eating what I'm use to
  • Garae
    Garae Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know when I'm home I shop at trader joes its like a wholes foods .. But since I'm visiting my grandmother in FL I have to kinda budget my money.. I usually eat spinach salads with almonds or organic berries apples pears and other veggies.. I'm not really a beet fan so I drink it with other blendie fruits and veggies.. I was thinking maybe I feel the way I do because I haven't been eating what I'm use to

Yeah that could be a reason why. Eating during travel is for sure a toughie. I always struggle with that too. Maybe if you make yourself little to go bags of carrots and hummus? Or almonds? The grocery walmarts always have things like that for sure cheap. =]