Suggestions!!!!! on quick and easy breakfasts

Options
okay so I am not eating right in the morning, which I thought I was. Any suggestions on quick and easy yummy foods that are more filling ans yummy that I can eat in the morning. I like to have meals in the morning thats why I always grabbed ceral. There was more of it. I eat and drive. Always in a hurry...but I still I times I eat and I do eat at that samw time everyday....for 4 years now.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Fried egg and cheese sandwich takes seven minutes.
  • riviera123
    Options
    If I'm in a rush I'll tend to have a piece of fruit/a yoghurt/a boiled egg (you could boil a load the night before and then store them in the fridge for the next couple of breakfasts?)/a smoothie or a combination of the above. You could also maybe try cereal bars, they'd be a lot easier than trying to eat cereal on the go! Although a lot of them are very sugary and more unhealthy than cereal itself, so check out the label and maybe do some Googling before you get any. Hope I helped, I know how hectic things can get in the mornings! :smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, You could make some high protein muffins. Here is a list of recipes: http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,protein_muffin,FF.html
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I'm usually frantic in the mornings so I have a fat free yogurt until I hit work and then it's weetabix with one brown sugar and semi skimmed milk with a coffee.

xx
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with almond butter and blueberries is my favorite, and I can finsh my hair and makeup in the time it takes to cook (6 minutes). I've got it down to a science because it's my favorite breakfast. You can also make oatmeal beforehand and just reheat - the resipes I've seen suggest using steel cut oats if you want to try it, I have no idea if it works for regular quick oats. Though, I have brought my oatmeal with me to work when I didn't have time to eat it and just reheat when I get there. Tonight I'll have to try making it the night before and see how that works out.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I make my own muesli and eat it with soy milk - you could try something like that as an easy swap for cereal. Just make sure the muesli is natural (not toasted with lots of oil and sugar) and any oats are whole oats, not 'quick' sachets.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    My breakfast when very busy is almost always 2 scoops of Muscle Milk protein powder. Not ideal, but it has worked so well for me.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Fage greek yogurt on non-strength days, muscle milk on strength days. :)
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This list had some great food suggestions. I'm looking through it now for breakfast and lunch alternatives.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/273432-lead-us-not-in-to-temptation-100-summer-snacks-under-1?hl=summer+snacks
  • ashleyrenae253
    Options
    Drink a slimfast n a banana fast n easy
  • KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am not a big eater first thing in the morning... so I make a "diet mocha". I use 1 can of creamy chocolate slimfast, brewed espresso (I have an espresson machine, but you could just use brewed coffee) and 2 TBS sugar free french vanilla creamer. Mix it all together and add iced... 1 low cal, high protien mocha :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Eating & driving - this is me

I rotate 3 breakfasts.
    1. Dry cereal & Greek yogurt. Kashi has some amazing cereals - high protien & high fiber. I like Harvest Cinnamon (like cinnamon shredded wheat) , and Warm Cinnamon (like cinnamon cheerios). Greek yogurt is fairly thick so it sticks to your spoon.
    2. The night before (I am totally not a morning person) - boil water and pour over instant steel cut or rolled oats. Snap a lid on it. By morning it's almost complelely cooked - add dried cherries, or whatever & cook 1 - 2 minutes. Sweeten & done!
    3. The night before: I mix Kashi Go Lean cereal (3/4 C) with almonds (1 TBL) & put it in a ziplock bowl. I mix Dannon light yogurt with berries (1/4 C) & refrigerate covered. In the morning - I mix together. This is incredibly filling. It's so thick - it sticks to the spoon.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with almond butter and blueberries is my favorite, and I can finsh my hair and makeup in the time it takes to cook (6 minutes). I've got it down to a science because it's my favorite breakfast. You can also make oatmeal beforehand and just reheat - the resipes I've seen suggest using steel cut oats if you want to try it, I have no idea if it works for regular quick oats. Though, I have brought my oatmeal with me to work when I didn't have time to eat it and just reheat when I get there. Tonight I'll have to try making it the night before and see how that works out.

I make oatmeal enough for a week and reheat it at work, it turns out just fine for me. :) That's one of my "go to" breakfasts!

Here are a few other things I like for breakfast:

Bagel Thin w/ laughing cow cheese & avocado
    Bagel Thin w/ freshly ground almond butter
    Bagel Thin w/ egg beaters (cooked, of course) & laughing cow cheese
    Banana-Strawberry Smoothie
    Banana-Almond Butter Smoothie
    Banana & almond butter Oatmeal
    Strawberry-Kiwi Smoothie
  • yalmira82
    yalmira82 Posts: 37
    Options
    CEREAL BARS DON'T FEEL ME. My hungriest time is in the morning. I love eating in the morning..lol. Maybe I just need to get up earlier and cook.
  • aharmeson
    aharmeson Posts: 55
    Options
    My go to breakfast when im in a hurry is 2 or 3 hardboiled eggs (peppered) and a piece of toast. I always have harboiled eggs in the frig for a quick snack if need be.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Scramble eggs in the microwave (takes a bit of practice to work out timing) and serve on wholegrain/low-GI toast. You can also add mixed herbs, lean meat, reduced-fat grated cheese. Only takes a few minutes to prepare and, as you like eating in the morning, you might find it easier to eat about 500 calories then.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    My breakfast usually consists of 2 pieces of whole grain wheat toast with peanut butter & pumpkin butter. A banana would also go great with that but my husband & kids get to them before I do.

These as are all great ideas!
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with fruit like bluberries, strawberries, pineapple, ect. is very good as well. harboiled eggs also a goos=d suggestion.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I mix 3/4 cup of dry oats with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, 1/2 scoop of protein powder (optional) and cook it as a big pancake in a tiny amount of olive oil. Super quick, easy, and keeps me full for ages. Good carbs, protein and a little fat... bobs your uncle.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love homemade baked beans. Each recipe makes 4 portions, so you make it once, then microwave. Nutrients are listed under the recipe; http://vegan20eleven.blogspot.com/2011/04/homemade-baked-beans.html?zx=3796a1461929da88